Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: NBA Basketball Thread  (Read 9843 times)

qwertyytrewq

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: NBA Basketball Thread
« Reply #280 on: February 23, 2006, 10:29:36 PM »
Here's another Isiah joke:

The woman who accused him of sexual harassment wanted $2 million to settle the case, but Isiah countered with $50 million over 4 years.

ripped from ESPN

SCgrad

« Reply #281 on: February 23, 2006, 10:52:16 PM »
Andre Iguandala got robbed.

you cant vote against a guy thats 4'11 :D

Isn't jumping OVER STANDING PEOPLE usually reserved for people about a foot taller?  He should have won based on that one alone.  Also, this dunk contest was pretty good.  The off the back of the backboard dunk, the sick behind the back dunk from AI, the the double between the legs off the board from Robinson were all new (I think) which is the problem with dunk contests after over 20 years, it is actually hard to just come up with something a little different than what has been done before.

Little D

• Sr. Citizen
  • WOOOOOO PIG SOOIE
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (I'm strictly liable)
« Reply #282 on: February 24, 2006, 09:15:39 AM »
it was pretty cool to see him jump over spud webb.   AI should have saved that dunk for last.  Everything he did after that was a letdown
They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."

Do it now!!!!
http://www.defconamerica.org/

Little D

• Sr. Citizen
  • WOOOOOO PIG SOOIE
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: February 25, 2006, 08:25:30 AM »
the broadcasters on NBA TV suck anways, so that would be a great move!
They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."

Do it now!!!!

RockyMarciano

• Sr. Citizen
  • Invading Ithaca this Fall
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: February 25, 2006, 07:31:55 PM »
Yea, NBA TV is not the best. However, I would rather listen to the game on mute than hear Bill Walton. I have to say Steve Snapper Jones is the best commentator. 

I went to the Laker v. Clippers game last night and it was sick!!!! It felt awckward being at the Staples Center with ppl booing and cheering at the same time. I got annoyed by the people chanting MVP for Kobe as the Lakers were down by 10+ points. I am going to the Laker v. Boston game tomorrow and hope I do not get jumped. I will be wearing my Pierce jersey and last time I went a drunk dude wanted to start beef with me. It sort of sucks that the Laker and Boston rivarly is dying because of stupid Ainge and Rivers. 
www.cpixel.com is the ghetto myspace

John Galt

« Reply #285 on: February 26, 2006, 08:58:50 PM »
Kobe >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> PP

chewed bubble gum >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Lamar Odom

John Galt

« Reply #286 on: February 26, 2006, 09:38:12 PM »
good idea. odom for a pack of fruit stripes, straight up.

what do you think about the guy who got wheeled off after garnett hit him in the face with the ball?

sh*t like that pisses me off. and if he decides to sue, lawyers as a whole will probably get the most sh*t for it. someone ought to kick his face in with a...with a...bomb.

I laughed. Garnett will probably get 2 games though. I don't think the guy will sue. That being said, Garnett needs to control his temper and if he is going to launch the ball, he should at least throw it higher in the air as to avoid that situation.

Little D

• Sr. Citizen
  • WOOOOOO PIG SOOIE
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: February 27, 2006, 09:17:03 AM »
I wonder if the NBA has a disclaimer like baseball does about things flying into the stands and them not being responsible for it and stuff...

Do it now!!!!

kmpnj

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • law school numbers
    • Email
« Reply #288 on: April 04, 2006, 01:09:45 AM »
Does anyone else think that Joaquin Noah is too light to play in the NBA at this point?

Slow Blues

« Reply #289 on: April 04, 2006, 09:28:59 AM »
Does anyone else think that Joaquin Noah is too light to play in the NBA at this point?

He'll bulk up. Even though he's thin, he plays big, which is more than could be said for Hollins on UCLA, who played small.

ESPN is saying the whole Florida squad will return for next year though.