Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: NBA Basketball Thread  (Read 9716 times)

qwertyytrewq

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: NBA Basketball Thread
« Reply #250 on: January 27, 2006, 09:22:36 AM »
how funny is charles barkley...

yesterday after the first game on tnt..they were talkin about the celtics wolves trade and he said this 3 times..."U Conn can beat the celtics."

Slow Blues

« Reply #251 on: January 27, 2006, 09:28:44 AM »
That show wouldn't be worth watching if Charles Barkley wasn't on it. He's the only one with any personality.

be10dwn

« Reply #252 on: January 27, 2006, 09:29:47 AM »
how funny is charles barkley...

yesterday after the first game on tnt..they were talkin about the celtics wolves trade and he said this 3 times..."U Conn can beat the celtics."

that was awesome!!! I love him!!

John Galt

« Reply #253 on: January 27, 2006, 11:01:33 PM »
KG really needs to demand a trade.....

qwertyytrewq

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 31, 2006, 06:04:36 PM »
how much is this slam dunk contest gonna suck!

i hate lebron.

RockyMarciano

• Sr. Citizen
  • Invading Ithaca this Fall
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: February 16, 2006, 11:30:08 PM »
It has been a long time since the NBA thread has been on the top. We have had some pretty interesting trades since our last post and some to follow.

Darko just got shipped to Orlando for cash and Cato. This will give the Pistons some room to give Big Ben a nice fat contract, which he deserves.

Also, here is a list of a couple notable guys on the trading bloc according to Chris Sheridan:
1) Stevie Franchise (Knicks, Timberwolves, Nuggets)
2) Penny Hardaway (nice expiering contract)
3) Carlos Boozer;
4) Earl Watson/Nene.

Personally, I just do not have the love for the game as I used to. Ever since, Boston did that Davis-Wally trade, it has never been the same. Sometimes at night, I eat paint chips to help sooth the pain.

I bet Dallas must be feeling pretty good right now. They are the hottest team out there.
www.cpixel.com is the ghetto myspace

john83

« Reply #256 on: February 16, 2006, 11:33:31 PM »
what i want to know... will my hornets make the playoffs?!

RockyMarciano

• Sr. Citizen
  • Invading Ithaca this Fall
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: February 17, 2006, 11:09:57 AM »
what i want to know... will my hornets make the playoffs?!

I have a question: Do people in OK refer to the Hornets as the New Orleans/OK City Hornets or just the Hornets?

Secondly, here is the playoff order if it were to start today:
1) Dallas
2) PHX
3) Denver
4) SAS
5) LA Clips
6) NO/OK City
7) Memphis
8) LAL

I do not see a reason for the Hornets not making the playoffs. You guys have a pretty good three game schedule coming up first Indiana and then two games against Utah. The key games will be against Utah because they are currently at the #9 position looking into the playoff race. Win those two games against Utah and that will boost you guys a lot and hurt the Jazz plenty. Also, Memphis has a tough schedule next week with Toronto, Dallas, and San Antonio. I do not know if the Spanish Man can lift the Griz over the Mavericks and Spurs. Personally, I think that Memphis will have a better schedule after next week and that may help them snatch the #6 spot from the Hornets.

I doubt the Hornets will be able to break into the top 5 especially with the Clippers getting Corey Maggette back after the All Star Break.
www.cpixel.com is the ghetto myspace

john83

« Reply #258 on: February 17, 2006, 01:21:20 PM »
I have a question: Do people in OK refer to the Hornets as the New Orleans/OK City Hornets or just the Hornets?

Secondly, here is the playoff order if it were to start today:
1) Dallas
2) PHX
3) Denver
4) SAS
5) LA Clips
6) NO/OK City
7) Memphis
8) LAL

I do not see a reason for the Hornets not making the playoffs. You guys have a pretty good three game schedule coming up first Indiana and then two games against Utah. The key games will be against Utah because they are currently at the #9 position looking into the playoff race. Win those two games against Utah and that will boost you guys a lot and hurt the Jazz plenty. Also, Memphis has a tough schedule next week with Toronto, Dallas, and San Antonio. I do not know if the Spanish Man can lift the Griz over the Mavericks and Spurs. Personally, I think that Memphis will have a better schedule after next week and that may help them snatch the #6 spot from the Hornets.

I doubt the Hornets will be able to break into the top 5 especially with the Clippers getting Corey Maggette back after the All Star Break.

here in oklahoma we just call them the hornets, sometimes the oklahoma city hornets. at the games they are referred to as the "hometown hornets." at any rate, we've sorta adopted them as our team. i'm a pacer fan, but when the hornets play them, i'm not sure who i'm going to cheer for.

the question now is, where will they play the playoff home games?

nuffsaid

• View Profile
« Reply #259 on: February 17, 2006, 01:27:28 PM »
Who saw Vince Carter's missed dunk on Wednesday vs. the Bobcats?
Maybe the best missed dunk I have ever seen.