Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Full tuition scholarships? Parent Income?  (Read 1148 times)

Vannabunny

• LSD Obsessed
    • MSN Messenger - savannah_honey@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Full tuition scholarships? Parent Income?
« on: November 17, 2005, 01:01:36 PM »
How hard are full scholarship to get? Any soft factors help contribute to merit-baed aid?

Also, do all schools calcuate parent earnings into your aid eligibilty?
High Priestess of the P-Dub Club

talking dirty to vanna is like... like... hitting on the pope or someting

IU-B grad student, working in corporate America

mobo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Full tuition scholarships? Parent Income?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2005, 12:41:05 AM »
from what i can tell, the full-rides are given to the people with the strongest numbers, and soft factors come into play if the scholarship is for a specific goal (like public interest, or bringing people of a certain character to the school who might not otherwise go). i also hear that scholarships (especially for jd candidates as compared to med school or other grad schools) are even more competitive than getting in. (great. that's just great.)

not all schools calculate your parents info, but it depends on a lot of circumstances, like your age, how long you have been independent, and the school. some of the schools on my list insist on getting parental info regardless of marital status or age (which offends me personally). still, i dance their dance because i will take whatever money they give me if i attend.

your best bet is to check each schools website for scholarship and fin aid info.

hth...

Bradzwest Returns

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2005, 01:03:13 AM »
Most are merit and they award them before they even know your financial situation.  I'm currently on one in your state, traded down a little for no bills.  With your numbers...go to the best place that you really like.  The money will be nothing compared to your future income opportunities.   RUN FROM INDIANA!

Vannabunny

• LSD Obsessed
    • MSN Messenger - savannah_honey@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2005, 12:00:42 PM »
Most are merit and they award them before they even know your financial situation. I'm currently on one in your state, traded down a little for no bills. With your numbers...go to the best place that you really like. The money will be nothing compared to your future income opportunities. RUN FROM INDIANA!

where are you at?
High Priestess of the P-Dub Club

talking dirty to vanna is like... like... hitting on the pope or someting

IU-B grad student, working in corporate America

Bradzwest Returns

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2005, 06:26:39 PM »
Close...go Crusaders!