Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: USA used white phosphorous chemical weapons in assault on Fallujah  (Read 6265 times)

be10dwn

Re: USA used white phosphorous chemical weapons in assault on Fallujah
« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2005, 03:39:33 PM »
dont you know that you have to use the PC friendly warning at the end of the statement??

quote author=S. Watson link=topic=46626.msg852971#msg852971 date=1132259894]
Pearl Harbor, Aleutian [sp] Is. in Alaska? World Trade center bomings...

wasa not counting pearl harbor or aleutians because they're not continental US (the real US).  but WTC bombings, ugh, i forgot about those. 

OKAY, 8 YEARS, NOT 187.  still, my point stands.

"give us your tired, your weak...yada yada yada"  can't completely close the borders, aint gonna happen, unless of course you know of a lot of americans that are willing to work for minimal pay to pick your strawberries or build your house

silly immigrants!   ::)

(looks around nervously)

Thikighoros

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2005, 03:48:57 PM »
Securing the perimeter is a SOP for the military.  Imagine if all the work that went into Iraq was instead used to make our borders safer and to prevent terrorists from getting into the US in the first place.

That's all nice and good, but those same people who support that would be the first to cry racism when we actually do start to secure our borders. Look at what happened before the Minutemen started patrols.
I look forward to the day that I could say (God willing):

Είναι δικηγόρος στρατιωτικός.
(I am a military lawyer).

www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=Thikighoros

Thikighoros

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2005, 04:01:10 PM »
No, what we need is for the Federal govenment to give the states (and inviduals) the right to police our borders. They are the ones most affected by illegal immigration. It's the Federal government that is impeding border control. It prevents the states from doing that themselves, yet at the same time doesn't even try to secure them. The beauty of federalism is that whatever is not explicitly stated in the Constitution is reserved to the states (10th Amendment).

If the grounds for opposition to war in Iraq was based on those grounds, then I would agree. The problem is that opposition to war was first reflexive opposition to Bush in general, then it became a "leave them alone movement" and now it's a "let bring them home movement".

All I would have to say is thank goodness for the Second Amendment. If my governments fail to do their job in protecting my property, then I may have to carry the responsibility.

be10dwn

« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2005, 04:09:22 PM »
It's the Federal government that is impeding border control. It prevents the states from doing that themselves, yet at the same time doesn't even try to secure them.

right, so what i said.  the administration should say @#!* you we don't care what you think and secure the damn border.  this is a defense issue as far as i'm concerned. 

better learn how to pick strawberries ;)

_BP_

• Sr. Citizen
  • Think. Wait. Fast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2005, 04:23:05 PM »
As long as businesses from the huge companies like Walmart all the way down to small construction outfits can have a continuous supply of cheap labor like the way it is now, our borders are going to stay open like a bunny ranch.  Itís a great deal for America.  Back in the day they had to go out and search for slaves, now they just sit back and let them come to us.  Bushís guest worker program is about to open the flood gates even more.  When will America shore up the borders you ask?  NEVER! Itís simply not going to happen.
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
1776 TO 2006

skaiserbrown

« Reply #45 on: November 17, 2005, 04:31:38 PM »
yay open borders!

boo terrorism!

yay AND boo chemical weapons!

_BP_

• Sr. Citizen
  • Think. Wait. Fast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 17, 2005, 04:35:35 PM »
As long as businesses from the huge companies like Walmart all the way down to small construction outfits can have a continuous supply of cheap labor like the way it is now, our borders are going to stay open like a bunny ranch.  Itís a great deal for America.  Back in the day they had to go out and search for slaves, now they just sit back and let them come to us.  Bushís guest worker program is about to open the flood gates even more.  When will America shore up the borders you ask?  NEVER! Itís simply not going to happen.

um, so we're just screwed then?

Unless you're a business owner..haha

c
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
1776 TO 2006

sarmstrong806

« Reply #47 on: November 17, 2005, 04:40:21 PM »
It can cause painful burn injuries to exposed human flesh.

This is a huge understatement. Actually white phosphorous is "a wax-like metal that combusts spontaneously when exposed to oxygen and burns through skin all the way to the bone. In Vietnam, where it was regularly used alongside Napalm, it was known as Willie Pete."

I have pictures, but I'm not even going to post them, you guys can grab them if you can handle it.

It's really something that we invade a country on a supposed moral high ground because of WMD's and chemical weapons and the only chemical weapons end up being ours.

I guess Napalm is a chemical weapon too. Give me a break.

Thikighoros

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 17, 2005, 04:43:31 PM »

Yep, as long as the unholy alliance between business, illegal immigrants, and civil liberties groups holds, nothing will be done.

I agree with the guest worker program. That, with the Free-Trade Area of the Americas will finish America. Add that to the fact that we don't require any immigrant to assimilate as we used to and it all means one thing: WE ARE FINISHED!

What's happeneing in Europe, will happen here if we don't get our acts together. Either we have to secure our borders or we at least have to make immigrants assimilate (make them to learn English, etc.).

We also have to stop being lazy as a people. Thanks to government entitlements everywhere, Americans now believe that the government owes something. Before, agricultural labor was not exclusively "Mexican" job. Americans, white, black, asian, and hispanic, would work in these jobs in order to secure a better life for their children. Now, thanks to the New Deal, and the Great Society, Americans believe that there are some jobs that they are unwilling to do. Some of our children can't read, others can't do math. They now largely want to focus on entertainment, since it involves little work. Immigrants are now doing the "hard" jobs.

Meanwhile we have businesses that would sell national security for profit (look at all of the companies that eager to do business with China). They have largely bought off governemnts and they have convinced consumers to focus on low prices.

Hard work built this country (even slave labor was hard work, albeit forced). If Americans abandon this priciple, then we are doomed as nation.

TrojanChispas

• Sr. Citizen
  • , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 17, 2005, 05:47:16 PM »
I am not concerned with people coming into the states as much as i am about materials like uranium.  Poeple are going to come and go and there is not much that can be done to filter the bad from the good, but the materials are a different story.  If we can't stop 500 tons per day of weed from coming in, how can we stop a nuke?
Arab Majority May Not Stay Forever Silent
http://www.nysun.com/article/36110?page_no=1