Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: USA used white phosphorous chemical weapons in assault on Fallujah  (Read 6153 times)

be10dwn

Re: USA used white phosphorous chemical weapons in assault on Fallujah
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2005, 01:47:37 PM »
and evil by degrees is still evil

TrojanChispas

• Sr. Citizen
  • , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2005, 01:51:43 PM »
Hitler was definitely not crazy, but a far greater threat than Saddam nonetheless.

not the point.  People use the words crazy and evil interchangeably

Maybe so, but there is a clear distinction.  Wait, didnt the US and Iraq have an amicable relationship during the Iran-Iraq war, including during the gassing of the Kurds?  I guess evil is only evil if it doesnt suit your interest.
Arab Majority May Not Stay Forever Silent
http://www.nysun.com/article/36110?page_no=1

be10dwn

« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2005, 01:53:05 PM »
Hitler was definitely not crazy, but a far greater threat than Saddam nonetheless.

not the point.  People use the words crazy and evil interchangeably

Maybe so, but there is a clear distinction.  Wait, didnt the US and Iraq have an amicable relationship during the Iran-Iraq war, including during the gassing of the Kurds?  I guess evil is only evil if it doesnt suit your interest.

::)

be10dwn

« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2005, 01:55:36 PM »
yeh, it doesnt suit my interest to have innocent people gassed to death, wheteher its done by the nazis or the iraqis, but you guys are the "compassionate ones" who care about all the little trees and puppies.  Please

Thikighoros

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2005, 02:08:08 PM »
When we supported Iraq, it was a lesser of two evils situation. If we had supported Iran, Democrats would have accused us of siding with a regime that killed Americans (look at what they did during the Iran-Contra scandal).

As for the chemical weapons being used in Fallujah, I think most people are forgetting this fact:

They were terrorists!

By the time the battle of Fallujah was raging the civilians had largely left. We gave then ample warning, most people knew months before that there was an invasion coming. The people left were Islamic terrorists, waiting to fight against the Americans.

I find it interesting that the media has forgotten that. But then again, waht does one expect. The media is trying once again to rebuild their image as freedom-fighters in order to remain "independent". This is sedition.

Besides, if Fallujah had been completely bombed out, then terrorists would not have escaped. But then there would have been more media outcry. For some reason, (v.s) the potential media outcry almost always has an inverse relationship with the effectiveness of military policies.

To those idiots who would support bombing schools, hopsitals, and innocent civilians for no apparent reason, I say this: "They got what was coming!"

This is war aganist Islamic terrorism and its supporters. My primary concern is what happens to Americans. I would also like to limit civilian causalties. But, I have no sympathy for Islamic terrorists.
I look forward to the day that I could say (God willing):

Είναι δικηγόρος στρατιωτικός.
(I am a military lawyer).

www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=Thikighoros

be10dwn

« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2005, 02:10:13 PM »
When we supported Iraq, it was a lesser of two evils situation. If we had supported Iran, Democrats would have accused us of siding with a regime that killed Americans (look at what they did during the Iran-Contra scandal).

As for the chemical weapons being used in Fallujah, I think most people are forgetting this fact:

They were terrorists!

By the time the battle of Fallujah was raging the civilians had largely left. We gave then ample warning, most people knew months before that there was an invasion coming. The people left were Islamic terrorists, waiting to fight against the Americans.

I find it interesting that the media has forgotten that. But then again, waht does one expect. The media is trying once again to rebuild their image as freedom-fighters in order to remain "independent". This is sedition.

Besides, if Fallujah had been completely bombed out, then terrorists would not have escaped. But then there would have been more media outcry. For some reason, (v.s) the potential media outcry almost always has an inverse relationship with the effectiveness of military policies.

To those idiots who would support bombing schools, hopsitals, and innocent civilians for no apparent reason, I say this: "They got what was coming!"

This is war aganist Islamic terrorism and its supporters. My primary concern is what happens to Americans. I would also like to limit civilian causalties. But, I have no sympathy for Islamic terrorists.

you forget that the american far left would rather have us fail so that they can say I told you so, look how evil bush is

TrojanChispas

• Sr. Citizen
  • , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2005, 02:28:28 PM »
Yes, this war is a war of ideals.  We have to win hearts and minds if we are going to defeat the support for the terrorists.  Torture and using chemical weapons is not going to cut it.
Arab Majority May Not Stay Forever Silent
http://www.nysun.com/article/36110?page_no=1

Thikighoros

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2005, 02:30:46 PM »
this war is not about fighting islamic terrorism.  it's about establishing the credibility of the US in terms of doing what we'll say we do.  i'm sick and tired of this these neoconservative liberals (no that's not a goddamn oxymoron) who are convinced that spreading democracy around the world will solve our problems.

where have all the realists gone?  where?  where?  bring back kissenger, i say.

Well, we've already done that. On September 13 2001, the President stated that we would eliminate states that backed [Islamic] terrorism. Two of those states were Iraq and Afghanistan. And that's why people are afraid. Tin-pot dictatorships around the world are scared stiff of the implications of what we are doing. It is represion that allowed these people to operate in the firstplace. A perfect exaple would be what's going on in the Palestinian territories. A once secular and progressive people have been reduced to jihad-supporting maniacs due to the progressively harsh Israeli occupation and Arafat's dictatorship (HAMAS was founded in the late 1980's).

Plus, democracy is not something that develops overnight. Our goal is to extend the Pax Americana. If that means American domination, then so be it. I'd rather live under that than under a system which tells me to convert to Islam or die.

Remember, Islamic terrorists attacked us, not the other way around. This was facilitated by misguided CIA help given to them to help in toppling the Soviet Union.

I said this was a war on Islamic terrorism, not Islam, or even Islamic fundamentalism. Although all Islamic terrorists are fundamentalists, not all Islamic fundamentalists are terrorists. I was very specific. Besides, what ever happened to fighting back against those who attacked you?

be10dwn

« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2005, 02:39:07 PM »
Tin-pot dictatorships around the world are scared stiff of the implications of what we are doing.

therefore they are pouring their resources into developing/acquiring nuclear weapons technology as a deterrent while the US military is busy in iraq.

afghan helped our credibility.  iraq helped it a bit but then hurts it also because it shows the degree to which we can be bogged down in insurgencies where we don't have enormous advantages.

democracy is not the sole determinant of whether or not we will come into conflict with these people. 

islamic terrorists attacked us.  fine and dandy, but war on terror and war in iraq began as two separate issues.  war on terror only provided the will to fight in iraq.  this is not to say that iraq invasion was not justifiable, but it is in many respects a separate war.

you damn hippie commie pinko! ;) ;)

TO THOSE WHO MAY BE OFFENDED:  I WAS ONLY KIDDING

Thikighoros

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2005, 02:40:42 PM »
Yes, this war is a war of ideals.  We have to win hearts and minds if we are going to defeat the support for the terrorists.  Torture and using chemical weapons is not going to cut it.

The heart and minds of some people is never going to be won. I wonder how we won the hearts and minds of the Japanese? Did we charm the Germans in liking us? NO! We rebuilt their systems piece by piece, and to our liking. For all of those people who hate America, they would come to America in a second if given the chance. What's need in such places is a complete redoing of everything there. It doesn't have to be republican (I use republican here because there is no example of a "democracy" anywhere in the world) government there, but for some reason, republican governments have been where economic progress is greatest.

When you're on top, you will be hated by those who want to be in your place.