Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: USA used white phosphorous chemical weapons in assault on Fallujah  (Read 5810 times)

_BP_

• Sr. Citizen
  • Think. Wait. Fast.
    • View Profile
Re: USA used white phosphorous chemical weapons in assault on Fallujah
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2005, 01:43:23 PM »
Cause they finally admitted it.  I posted about this before in another thread, but it was finally confirmed today.

True, war is f*cked up be10dwn, no doubt, but there are reasons why chemical warfare is especially messed up and why the chemical weapons conventions were passed.  And yeah, DU can end up affecting your kids kids.. :-\

dude, you missed my qualifier AGAIN! 

oh right, because this article that came out today is about WP.

i don't know if i'd count WP as a chemical weapon.  i mean, it does serve a legitimate purpose on the battlefield.  kind of grayish area, i think. 

actually I saw your qualifier this time;)...I was just confirming that you were right.

The bold is true too, that's why the laws actually classify it differently based on use.  That's why the U.S took so long (and initially denied) actually admitting using it as a weapon.
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
1776 TO 2006

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
  • "make a friend who was once a stranger" br.war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2005, 10:41:59 PM »
for the record...the united states military has been using chemical weapons since pepper spray was invented...you have to look at this in scope...

aye think the article also mentions that it is standard "field artillery"

positions in falughah...were military targets...

is the us military spreading entire villages with this phosphorous?

because as far as chemical weapons...in scope, bp...hussein was slaughtering innocent iraqis with chemicals to silence their voice...

this is a putrescent liberal media article...

and aye can't subscribe wholeheartedly to "polls" "approval ratings" "the washington post" and its "photo-mag: newsweek" "the new york times" 

and sometimes the "associated press"...

check out the history of the "associated press" and how and why it was started...interesting stuff.
If you prick us, do we not bleed?  
  if you tickle us, do we not laugh? if you poison  
  us, do we not die? and if you wrong us, shall we not  
  revenge? m.of v. w.shaka                                             speare

TrojanChispas

• Sr. Citizen
  • , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2005, 12:08:34 AM »
for the record...the united states military has been using chemical weapons since pepper spray was invented...you have to look at this in scope...

because as far as chemical weapons...in scope, bp...hussein was slaughtering innocent iraqis with chemicals to silence their voice...

and aye can't subscribe wholeheartedly to "polls" "approval ratings" "the washington post" and its "photo-mag: newsweek" "the new york times" 

check out the history of the "associated press" and how and why it was started...interesting stuff.

Just to clarify, Husein used chemical weapons to put down an insurgency of Kurds during the Iran-Iraq war.  Not saying it was right, but those are the facts.
Arab Majority May Not Stay Forever Silent
http://www.nysun.com/article/36110?page_no=1

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2005, 07:40:04 AM »
this how u.s. demonstrate its moral superiority.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2005, 07:49:03 AM »
yes, of course.

be10dwn

« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2005, 12:26:29 PM »

Just to clarify, Husein used chemical weapons to put down an insurgency of Kurds during the Iran-Iraq war.  Not saying it was right, but those are the facts.

I think you should have used quotes areound "insurgency", they were gassing innocent civilians...but hey, it was ok to kill the kurds, they had been doing it for years, they just found a more efficient method

TrojanChispas

• Sr. Citizen
  • , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2005, 01:12:04 PM »
It's all a matter of viewpoint. No one would dispute the fact that the entire Kurdish population hated Saddam, and Saddam knew that.  I was just making the point that Saddam is not crazy and did have a rational reason behind gassing the Kurds.  Not that it was right or justified, but it was a calculated rational decision showing that he wasnt crazy.

be10dwn

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2005, 01:32:12 PM »
It's all a matter of viewpoint. No one would dispute the fact that the entire Kurdish population hated Saddam, and Saddam knew that.  I was just making the point that Saddam is not crazy and did have a rational reason behind gassing the Kurds.  Not that it was right or justified, but it was a calculated rational decision showing that he wasnt crazy.

in that way, I guess Hitler wasnt crazy either.  Evil is evil though

TrojanChispas

• Sr. Citizen
  • , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2005, 01:40:37 PM »
Hitler was definitely not crazy, but a far greater threat than Saddam nonetheless.

be10dwn

« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2005, 01:47:20 PM »
Hitler was definitely not crazy, but a far greater threat than Saddam nonetheless.

not the point.  People use the words crazy and evil interchangeably