Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: USA used white phosphorous chemical weapons in assault on Fallujah  (Read 5935 times)

beatendown

Re: USA used white phosphorous chemical weapons in assault on Fallujah
« Reply #60 on: November 18, 2005, 03:54:19 PM »
She is an an undocumented immigrant, a.k.a. an ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT!

Nobody should be treated this way, but still, what do you expect? The reason why she was treated this way was because her employers knew she was an illegal immigrant. They would pull this off if she had a green card.

Also she's lucky that she knows English. It's even worse among non-English speakers.

However, her former employers should be put in prison for assault. She should also be deported; we should not be allowing illegals to stay, as with any illegal activity, they would encourage more law-breaking.

Now, if America didn't have illegal immigrants, this would not be happening.
not that I dont completely disagree with the sentiment, but as I mentioned earlier, do you want to go pick strawberries?  We are economically reliant on illegal immigrants, so why would we stop it, even if we could?

_BP_

• Sr. Citizen
  • Think. Wait. Fast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 18, 2005, 04:03:42 PM »
exactly be10dwn.

Oh, here is another timely article:

ce: Wal-Mart site raided
About 125 arrested on immigration violations at Pennsylvania construction location.
November 18, 2005: 1:37 PM EST

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) - A raid by federal, state and local authorities at a Wal-Mart Stores construction site in Pennsylvania netted about 125 arrests for alleged immigration violations.

Schuylkill County Capt. Dennis Kane confirmed the raid to CNN. USA Today reported that the workers were working on a million-square-foot distribution center in eastern Pennsylvania.

Kane said immigrants who were arrested were taken to nearby Philadelphia. The county police worked in conjunction with Pennsylvania state police and federal immigration agents, he said.

Wal-Mart (Research) officials told the newspaper those arrested were employees of a subcontractor and that the nation's largest retailer has contracts with subcontractors requiring that they follow all federal, state and local laws.

"It is our understanding that the individuals taken into custody at the Pottsville distribution center construction site were employees of subcontractors and not Wal-Mart associates," Wal-Mart said in a statement emailed to CNNMoney.com.

"Consistent with our corporate practice, we have written contracts with these subcontractors requiring that they follow all applicable local, state and federal employment laws. We will cooperate fully with U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) and the U.S. attorney's office in this matter," the statement said.

But this is not the first time that Wal-Mart has been tarnished by a raid that found illegal immigrants working for its contractors. Two years ago raids at 61 Wal-Mart stores in 21 states resulted in the arrests of about 250 illegal immigrants working on cleaning crews.

USA Today reported Friday that a federal agency affidavit unsealed this month says two Wal-Mart executives knew about the practice of hiring illegal immigrants by the cleaning contractor. Wal-Mart has denied that executives knew about the workers, the newspaper said.

A critic of Wal-Mart said that this latest raid will be another blow to the bad public relations the company has been suffering from lately.

"They're trying to improve their public image ... but they're undermining their own attempts," Paul Blank, campaign director of Washington, D.C.-based WakeUpWalMart.com, told the paper. "There's clearly a pattern where they're violating the law."

The group is a project of the United Food and Commercial Workers Union, which would like to represent workers at non-union Wal-Mart, the nation's largest private sector employer.

The company is the target of "Wal-Mart: The High Cost of Low Price," a new documentary film that is harshly critical of its employment practices and its impact on the U.S. economy.

Wal-Mart stock edged lower in afternoon New York Stock Exchange trading.

For more details on the 2003 raids that arrested illegal immigrants at Wal-Mart stores, click here.   

UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
1776 TO 2006

Thikighoros

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 18, 2005, 04:33:36 PM »
thick should be deported.

You can't deport American-born citizens, and you know that.

Also, I'm not above picking strawberries, if economic conditions require it, I have no choice.
I look forward to the day that I could say (God willing):

Είναι δικηγόρος στρατιωτικός.
(I am a military lawyer).

www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=Thikighoros

skaiserbrown

« Reply #63 on: November 18, 2005, 04:39:35 PM »

Also, I'm not above picking strawberries, if economic conditions require it, I have no choice.

just because i can't doesn't mean it shouldn't happen.

i'd rather have you deported than some hard working immigrant.

skaiserbrown

« Reply #64 on: November 18, 2005, 08:23:55 PM »
my arbitrary decisions are the roxor!

i am the josef stalin of LSD!

fear me or you shall be purged by my legions of dooooom.

Freak

• Sr. Citizen
  • What's your agenda?!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - smileyill4663
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - smileyill
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 18, 2005, 08:51:11 PM »

just because i can't doesn't mean it shouldn't happen.

i'd rather have you deported than some hard working immigrant.

ah yes, arbitrary decisions instead of the rule of law.  brilliant.

i am starting on a strawberry hunger strike from now on to protest the absurd immigration situation.  who's with me?

I'm w/ya...just as soon as I finish eating my two bags of red vines licorice... :(
Freak is the best, Freak is the best!  Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
I don't like calling you Freak, I'd rather call you  Normal Nice Guy.

Freak

• Sr. Citizen
  • What's your agenda?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 18, 2005, 09:00:17 PM »
I'm w/ya...just as soon as I finish eating my two bags of red vines licorice... :(

what i meant was, "i'm starting on a strawberry hunger strike once i get my last fix in..."

Wait a dogone second here, you're strawberry strike will do nothing in the US. You're 8 times zones east of the coast....don't try pulling those fast ones one me!!!!

Freak

• Sr. Citizen
  • What's your agenda?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 18, 2005, 09:04:47 PM »
I don't buy it. I think it wasn't a slip up. I think you're actually in the US at this moment!!!!  (I'll have to hack you're IP to find out, but it can be done).

Don't try pulling a fast one on me@@!!!

Freak

• Sr. Citizen
  • What's your agenda?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 18, 2005, 09:07:25 PM »
Huh, mine's not, my Mom didn't like me at first, but I won her over eventually.

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
  • "make a friend who was once a stranger" br.war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 19, 2005, 03:36:55 PM »
exactly be10dwn.

Oh, here is another timely article:

ce: Wal-Mart site raided
About 125 arrested on immigration violations at Pennsylvania construction location.
November 18, 2005: 1:37 PM EST

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) - A raid by federal, state and local authorities at a Wal-Mart Stores construction site in Pennsylvania netted about 125 arrests for alleged immigration violations.

Schuylkill County Capt. Dennis Kane confirmed the raid to CNN. USA Today reported that the workers were working on a million-square-foot distribution center in eastern Pennsylvania.

Kane said immigrants who were arrested were taken to nearby Philadelphia. The county police worked in conjunction with Pennsylvania state police and federal immigration agents, he said.

Wal-Mart (Research) officials told the newspaper those arrested were employees of a subcontractor and that the nation's largest retailer has contracts with subcontractors requiring that they follow all federal, state and local laws.

"It is our understanding that the individuals taken into custody at the Pottsville distribution center construction site were employees of subcontractors and not Wal-Mart associates," Wal-Mart said in a statement emailed to CNNMoney.com.

"Consistent with our corporate practice, we have written contracts with these subcontractors requiring that they follow all applicable local, state and federal employment laws. We will cooperate fully with U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) and the U.S. attorney's office in this matter," the statement said.

But this is not the first time that Wal-Mart has been tarnished by a raid that found illegal immigrants working for its contractors. Two years ago raids at 61 Wal-Mart stores in 21 states resulted in the arrests of about 250 illegal immigrants working on cleaning crews.

USA Today reported Friday that a federal agency affidavit unsealed this month says two Wal-Mart executives knew about the practice of hiring illegal immigrants by the cleaning contractor. Wal-Mart has denied that executives knew about the workers, the newspaper said.

A critic of Wal-Mart said that this latest raid will be another blow to the bad public relations the company has been suffering from lately.

"They're trying to improve their public image ... but they're undermining their own attempts," Paul Blank, campaign director of Washington, D.C.-based WakeUpWalMart.com, told the paper. "There's clearly a pattern where they're violating the law."

The group is a project of the United Food and Commercial Workers Union, which would like to represent workers at non-union Wal-Mart, the nation's largest private sector employer.

The company is the target of "Wal-Mart: The High Cost of Low Price," a new documentary film that is harshly critical of its employment practices and its impact on the U.S. economy.

Wal-Mart stock edged lower in afternoon New York Stock Exchange trading.

For more details on the 2003 raids that arrested illegal immigrants at Wal-Mart stores, click here.   

our economy has a nook-and cranny balance...
big companies can slip through the cracks...
sub-contracted sub-contractors' sub-contractors are the laborers at the bottom of the food-chain who have no contract...yet this is a crucial part of the bottom of the economic food chain...

and not going to go away anytime soon...

until bp's "new world order" takes firmly hold of humanity and everyone gets a number.

just like the drug trade is part of the global economy
just like people are not going to get past the "race" element...

although aye believe the latter is a cognitive problem...
an economic ball of wax is what we have...
If you prick us, do we not bleed?  
  if you tickle us, do we not laugh? if you poison  
  us, do we not die? and if you wrong us, shall we not  
  revenge? m.of v. w.shaka                                             speare