Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Applying somewhere you have no intention of attending?  (Read 1129 times)

!!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Applying somewhere you have no intention of attending?
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2005, 09:17:48 PM »
I applied to Cardozo because it was free.  I would go there as a last resort, I think...

shoppingaddict

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2005, 10:06:16 PM »
i applied to miami because it was free. i have no intention of going there (but i'm more likely to go there than to some of the other schools that gave me waivers ie baylor, pacific mcgeorge, w&m) i just did it because i got the waiver and i guess i was kinda bored...  procrastinating studying for the december lsat? ...so i applied.

also i've been thinking of a new scheme: apply to schools in warm climates that you're overqualified for in the hopes that they fly potential scholarship candidates down there for interviews. has anyone done this? university of hawaii, here i come.
Cardozo '09

corky

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2005, 10:08:03 PM »

also i've been thinking of a new scheme: apply to schools in warm climates that you're overqualified for in the hopes that they fly potential scholarship candidates down there for interviews. has anyone done this? university of hawaii, here i come.

Actually, I hadn't thought about that, but that's brilliant :).
HLS '09

hyacinthsarise

• hello.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - zn
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2005, 11:13:27 PM »
The thing is, you never know. I'm currently at a college I barely considered attending in high school and only applied to because I wanted to have more applications done, but it ended up being the best possible choice for me. Options, both in terms of schools and aid packages, are good :).

Corky I definitely can relate - I really wasn't planning at all to go to my current ugrad (mostly because of the fact that my high school was a total feeder school for it and I thought I was "better than all that") but it ended up being the most practical choice and now I love it. 

I'm applying to one or two schools that I am most definitely on the fence about, not because they're not great schools but just because of a few particular issues that make me not want to go to them, so right now it seems unimaginable that I'd go to them but I figured it was worth the app fee (or LSAC report fee) just to have more options in the end.  Who knows maybe serendipity will strike again...  :)
<3 HLS '09

Groundhog

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2005, 12:03:25 AM »
I'm applying to UCLA and USC with no intention to go there. I'm from a block away from USC, and I have a grudge against UCLA and LA. But I know I might go there if I really don't get in anywhere better-someone please tell me if I do a bit better on the LSAT, I'll get in somewhere better?

corky

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2005, 12:08:21 AM »
Groundhog - If your diagnostic was a 170, I think you have nothing to worry about.
HLS '09

Dirt McGirt

• Sr. Citizen
  • I love Meg White.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2005, 12:13:33 AM »
Groundhog - If your diagnostic was a 170, I think you have nothing to worry about.

I would think so as well.
I'm done with apps...waiting to visit schools and make a decision.

KingDB

« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2005, 12:20:37 AM »
I applied to my school's archrival.  It makes me feel dirty.  And there's a 16-place gap in their rankings.

Groundhog

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2005, 12:25:01 AM »

I would think so as well.

Thanks, but Boalt's GPA emphasis scares me, as does LSN's graph.

practiceboy02

• Sr. Citizen
  • Still misbehaving in law school
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2005, 12:28:22 AM »
I think I might get dinged at Boalt, too