Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Yale Application Question  (Read 317 times)

Law2k6

• Sr. Citizen
  • U.Va. Law, J.D. 2009
    • View Profile
Yale Application Question
« on: November 15, 2005, 02:11:05 AM »
Section 5 of the Yale application is:

List: (a) Significant extracurricular activities in college...
      (b) Self-support (employment) while in secondary school and college, and during vacation.
      (c) Other activities in or out of school or work that you consider relevant.
           You may also include a resume if you wish, but you should answer this question separately.

So, what is the "this question" referred to? The last question mark appeared on the previous page following "If you are in the U.S. on a visa, what type". But, the bold heading above Section 4 indicates that Yale considers 4 - 10 to be questions.

Do the italics indicate mean I need to list an answer to 5(c) or that I need to list answers to 5? I ask because I'm not sure that I have other relevant activities not described in (a) and (b). I don't want to skip it and get dinged for not following directions. But, earlier in the application we are instructed to leave fields blank rather than included N/A when it doesn't apply.

Any thoughts?
U.Va. Law, J.D. 2009

Groundhog

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Yale Application Question
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2005, 06:17:04 AM »
I think what they mean is, you can attach a resumé and have it be included, but that you should put down ALL pertinent information for all of those questions in the application as well, so that they have it in their format as well as yours.