Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: wicked confused about GPA  (Read 937 times)

mkagan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
wicked confused about GPA
« on: July 08, 2004, 10:26:46 AM »
Ok, i emailed my law school career woman at my school and she said law schools care more about graduating GPA, not lsdas. But it seems here people talk more about the lsdas GPA. So which one do law schools care more about? and more importantly, which should I use for the calculators and which does the ABA and usnews use?

thanks a lot
I think pickles are cucumbers that sold out. They sold their soul to the devil, and the devil is dill...

GA_Kristi

• Sr. Citizen
  • Whittier Law School Class of 2007
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: wicked confused about GPA
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2004, 11:39:25 AM »
I don't think I've ever heard anyone say that they value the graduating GPA more than the LSDAS GPA.  I thought all schools used your LSDAS GPA, hence I always used it in calculators.
"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle-victorious." - Vince Lombardi

wstaffor

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.35/174
    • AOL Instant Messenger - WillyRayCyrus06
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2004, 11:40:47 AM »
definitely LSDAS GPA, your law school career woman is a total moron, which isnt uncommon among their type
Accepted: Georgetown, Penn, Baylor ($Full$)
Pending: Harvard, Chicago, UVA, Northwestern, Emory, Tulane
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=wstaffor

Anti_Ivy

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2004, 11:44:08 AM »
Ok, i emailed my law school career woman at my school and she said law schools care more about graduating GPA, not lsdas.

That "law school career woman" is a dumbass.  Many applicants apply for admissions before even graduating college.  If what she said were true, no one could apply before earning a Bachelor's degree.  

FYI:  the first two numbers law schools look at is LSDAS UGPA and LSAT score.