Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: DO I SAIL THE ROUGH SEAS ALONE  (Read 365 times)

gsh

• View Profile
DO I SAIL THE ROUGH SEAS ALONE
« on: November 14, 2005, 10:35:08 PM »
I'm basically looking to see if there are others out there, I'm sure there are its just a matter of finding them, in a similar situation as myself:  Graduating next month after taking like 6 classes, scheduled to take the December LSAT while not feeling all that ready for it, and havent immersed in the LS school application process yet, and really want to attend a T14.  I guess I'm wondering how many out there are behind 8 ball in the application process?  Its always nice to know that you're not alone, and if you find yourself in this situation, I would love to hear back from you.  I feel as though my walls are caving in at the moment.  Thanks and much love.

pandabones

Re: DO I SAIL THE ROUGH SEAS ALONE
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2005, 10:38:56 PM »
I'm basically looking to see if there are others out there, I'm sure there are its just a matter of finding them, in a similar situation as myself:  Graduating next month after taking like 6 classes, scheduled to take the December LSAT while not feeling all that ready for it, and havent immersed in the LS school application process yet, and really want to attend a T14.  I guess I'm wondering how many out there are behind 8 ball in the application process?  Its always nice to know that you're not alone, and if you find yourself in this situation, I would love to hear back from you.  I feel as though my walls are caving in at the moment.  Thanks and much love.

Have you considered taking some time off and applying next cycle?  You don't want to rush the LSAT.  Also, WE can't hurt you.

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2005, 10:48:35 PM »

apply next year!

corky

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2005, 11:18:28 PM »
Yeah, I'm going to have to second this. If you're taking the LSAT in December then you're applying fairly late in the application cycle, and I get the impression your PS and other parts of your file are also not in the best shape.  I would say wait a year.
HLS '09

RocketBot

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2005, 11:22:31 PM »
Unless you have a 3.9+, you will have little-to-no shot at the T14 with a late, disillusioned, unprepared application and an unprepped LSAT.  Take a year to put together a strategy, get a job in the meantime, and put together a freaking killer application.

Oh, and take the June LSAT.  June rocks.

lightessenz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2005, 11:48:16 PM »
I am about to apply in the next 1 week, but at this website I still feel woefully unprepared :). Also, one of my recommendations still isn't processed yet:(