Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Dashed hopes from Chicago  (Read 619 times)

soonertbone

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Dashed hopes from Chicago
« on: November 14, 2005, 07:12:30 PM »
When I opened my mailbox today, I saw a fat white 8 1/2 x 11 manila envelope that says in big letters on the front "Welcome to The University of Chicago Law School." As I read the envelope and felt the heft of its contents, my knees went weak and I dropped my other mail. I tore open the envelope and looked inside...

...and found A FEE WAIVER AND AN INVITATION TO APPLY!!!  AAAARRRRGGGHGHH!!  I swear, man, to all those in the other thread who said this is not a stressful time, I gotta disagree with you. Sigh... This should be against the rules or something to torture applicants with mail like this so late in the game. How could they not have noticed that I sent in my application a month and a half ago (and have received e-mail notification saying the app is complete?) I'm going to go sulk now...  ;-)

mods: Sorry for the thread title!

bloomich

Re: Dashed hopes from Chicago
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2005, 07:25:03 PM »
yes, this has happened to many... i still don't understand why it says "welcome"... it's pretty mean

Lawcrates

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2005, 07:39:10 PM »
Hahaha this happened to me too, I thought it was pretty hilarious. Look on the bright side: you can probably get your money back. (And if you're really pissed about it, go ahead and punish the school by not attending.)

frankfurt

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2005, 07:47:16 PM »
They need to blow up the law school there. The building is a total s-hole.

John Galt

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2005, 08:02:01 PM »
lol...didn't someone get this same fee waiver thing and their rejection letter on the same day?

RocketBot

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2005, 08:28:42 PM »
lol...didn't someone get this same fee waiver thing and their rejection letter on the same day?

Haha wow, that would be beyond cruel.  "Welcome... just kidding, sucker!"

pandabones

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2005, 08:31:27 PM »

I doubt it.  Chicago seems to not send decisions until December at the earliest, most in late January and February.  I doubt they are sending fee waivers that late.

jhare

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - moonmeadowe
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2005, 08:39:03 PM »
That would be so great though. "Here's your money back. We don't want you." Hell, I'd take it.

Slow Blues

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2005, 08:40:33 PM »
Am I the only person that opened this thread thinking, "damn, someone already got rejected by Chicago?" ???

SanchoPanzo

• Sr. Citizen
  • My avatar is hotter than your avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2005, 08:42:34 PM »
Am I the only person that opened this thread thinking, "damn, someone already got rejected by Chicago?" ???

no
1L
order in the midst of chaos surrounded by order and a sprinkling of mist with chaos flavor. bake 2 hours then serve