Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Call from Harvard  (Read 208826 times)

Fenstrex

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Call from Harvard
« Reply #2840 on: May 14, 2006, 12:48:55 PM »
Waitlisted too. Expected, but I have to wonder now what the significance of the first phone call was/is for the waitlisters who got one.

Anyway, best of luck to everyone! Hope you are all happy with your schools of choice.  :)

I'm sorry dude :( Hopefully you'll make it off. On another note, I got my Campaign for Undergraduate Education fundraising final report, there's a pic of you in there  :D

Thanks! We'll see how things work out, but at least I know there's one good perosn repping the alma mater at HLS   ;D

And I just noticed the pic!  :P 

Hobson

• View Profile
« Reply #2841 on: May 15, 2006, 12:51:18 PM »
Hey all, another lurker here, but I wanted to let you all know that good news is still to be had - I'm in too!!! Also definitely going. Got the email last friday like the others. An interesting wrinkle is that I was initially deferred, and decided to call on Thursday to find out my application status. I was told a letter had been in the mail for a couple of days (I live overseas), only to get the Toby email on Friday. So, while it's pure speculation, I'm thinking that my case was more of a deffered>waitlist>accept. I also hear friend of a friend was waitlisted and then got the same email and call last Friday. Guess there's hope for everyone still on the waitlist!

dw05

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2842 on: May 15, 2006, 01:04:08 PM »
Hey all, another lurker here, but I wanted to let you all know that good news is still to be had - I'm in too!!! Also definitely going. Got the email last friday like the others. An interesting wrinkle is that I was initially deferred, and decided to call on Thursday to find out my application status. I was told a letter had been in the mail for a couple of days (I live overseas), only to get the Toby email on Friday. So, while it's pure speculation, I'm thinking that my case was more of a deffered>waitlist>accept. I also hear friend of a friend was waitlisted and then got the same email and call last Friday. Guess there's hope for everyone still on the waitlist!

Congratulations!  See you in Cambridge in the fall.
I'm going to Harvard!

Angelina1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2843 on: May 15, 2006, 02:13:32 PM »

Great! Now if only I could get on the waitlist...  :P
Michigan Law Class of 2009

Angelina1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2844 on: May 15, 2006, 02:21:24 PM »
Hey all, another lurker here, but I wanted to let you all know that good news is still to be had - I'm in too!!! Also definitely going. Got the email last friday like the others.

Also, it's quite possible that Friday was the last day for good news. Anybody out there who's heard something today?
Michigan Law Class of 2009

Ode To Psyche

• View Profile
« Reply #2845 on: May 15, 2006, 03:01:12 PM »
I have a question:

Has anyone received a Q&A phone call from Toby Stock and later ended up being denied admission?

lau

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2846 on: May 15, 2006, 03:56:49 PM »

o hobson, just when i have made peace with my waitlist, along you come with this news to compromise my sanity.  who are you working for?  :P

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

seconded and seconded.

what bittersweet reading this board has become!
CLS '09.
LSN

lovelovelovenyc

« Reply #2847 on: May 15, 2006, 04:47:49 PM »
what on earth is going on??

Reaching

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2848 on: May 15, 2006, 04:49:27 PM »
No!!! All these late acceptances are getting my hopes up just as I was starting to imagine myself at Virginia.

alexxx

• View Profile
« Reply #2849 on: May 16, 2006, 12:50:43 AM »
Hi everyone,

yet another lurker  here. I got waitlisted on May 4th and got accepted on May 12. Don't know what's going on, but hey, I don't mind it :)

Definitely going and totally excited about it.

Good luck to those still waiting!

Incidentally, my stats are very similar to Chugman's.