Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Call from Harvard  (Read 204242 times)

NY2000

• View Profile
Re: Call from Harvard
« Reply #1980 on: March 23, 2006, 02:44:06 PM »
I just had the call. I think it went pretty well.  He said the exact same thing.  He wants to put a voice to the application before it goes to final review.  He was definitely rushed in the sense that he kept it about 5-7 minutes.  But I think it went pretty well.  Now the waiting game begins...how long should we expect?

I am wondering if any of the folks that have had calls this week were originally placed "on hold" or if they are still going through first-reads.  Can anyone help with this?

jujunyc

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1981 on: March 23, 2006, 02:59:12 PM »
I just had the call. I think it went pretty well.  He said the exact same thing.  He wants to put a voice to the application before it goes to final review.  He was definitely rushed in the sense that he kept it about 5-7 minutes.  But I think it went pretty well.  Now the waiting game begins...how long should we expect?

I am wondering if any of the folks that have had calls this week were originally placed "on hold" or if they are still going through first-reads.  Can anyone help with this?

This email/call was the first I'd heard. Although the last of my application was sent by LSAC back in December, I went complete in the last month.

Winner!

• View Profile
« Reply #1982 on: March 23, 2006, 04:42:33 PM »
I would imagine most ppl feel that way.  What make you think it didn't go well?

alexdn

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN:
« Reply #1983 on: March 23, 2006, 04:44:10 PM »
my call didn't go so well.  i was sooo nervous.  can someone comfort me?  i'm feeling pretty sad right now.  :'(

If you read further up in this thread, everyone seems to think that their call went poorly for some reason or another (including me).  He's not the chattiest of guys, he's trying to keep the calls short and businesslike, he's done this several hundred times with other people already so he's probably bored, and everyone he's talking to is understandably nervous; it's no surprise that most people's calls are awkward at best....

But then most who've had the call have gotten in eventually.  Don't worry about it!   :)
Decision made: Harvard Law School '09 (or '10 if I defer)

Winner!

• View Profile
« Reply #1984 on: March 23, 2006, 04:45:51 PM »
TS is probably from New England.

corky

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1985 on: March 23, 2006, 04:49:04 PM »
my call didn't go so well.  i was sooo nervous.  can someone comfort me?  i'm feeling pretty sad right now.  :'(

If you read further up in this thread, everyone seems to think that their call went poorly for some reason or another (including me).  He's not the chattiest of guys, he's trying to keep the calls short and businesslike, he's done this several hundred times with other people already so he's probably bored, and everyone he's talking to is understandably nervous; it's no surprise that most people's calls are awkward at best....

But then most who've had the call have gotten in eventually.  Don't worry about it!   :)

Alex is right.  I wanted to cry after my call because I was certain I'd just earned myself a rejection letter. 
HLS '09

alexdn

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN:
« Reply #1986 on: March 23, 2006, 04:51:23 PM »

and what's wrong w/ that???   ;)
Decision made: Harvard Law School '09 (or '10 if I defer)

fatcat

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: March 23, 2006, 04:54:09 PM »

and what's wrong w/ that???   ;)

No, I think he's from Iowa actually...

bloomich

« Reply #1988 on: March 23, 2006, 04:55:15 PM »

no, he's from the midwest--chicago, i think

Yale College Inferno

• Sr. Citizen
  • New daily nonstop to Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #1989 on: March 23, 2006, 05:45:24 PM »
No, I think fatcat is right. Definitely not Chicago but somewhere rural, like Pancho.
Yale College '06
Harvard Law School '09

Bored? Try the mafia boss. (Warning: addictive!)
http://www.themafiaboss.com/?refer=admiral28
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=yalecol06