Law School Discussion

Call from Harvard

Dirt McGirt

• I love Meg White.
    • View Profile
Re: Call from Harvard
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2005, 02:22:37 PM »
Is anyone else who applied early and has not yet gone complete beginning to seriously doubt their chances a HLS?

That said, congrats to all who seem to have gotten good news thus far!

practiceboy02

• Still misbehaving in law school
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2005, 02:24:33 PM »
Is anyone else who applied early and has not yet gone complete beginning to seriously doubt their chances a HLS?

I applied a couple weeks after you, but our "received" date is less than a week apart.  Thus far, I'm not "seriously doubting" my chances although I've never been very confident in them.  Have people gone complete who applied after you?

Dirt McGirt

• I love Meg White.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2005, 02:28:21 PM »

I applied a couple weeks after you, but our "received" date is less than a week apart.  Thus far, I'm not "seriously doubting" my chances although I've never been very confident in them.  Have people gone complete who applied after you?

Just checked - a couple people applied right after me (including Su). I never really thought I'd be admitted, but that hasn't stopped me from worrying. I think I'm more worried that my app. will not be competitive (for whatever reason) at CCN.

« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2005, 02:28:58 PM »
I wish I felt the same way as you did praceticeboy, but I feel like my numbers are just short of putting me where I want to be.  I know my Dean's Cert was only sent out about two weeks ago but this stupid board has made me totally neurotic.

« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2005, 02:42:39 PM »
Dirt, I wouldn't worry about it.  I get the sense that the first batch of applications were split amongst the adcomms, each of which is bringing a group before full committee.  All of the emails are from the same assistant dean of admissions, so it looks like he wants to find out a bit more information from his group, possibly so he can press harder for them when the committee meets.  There are probably others who prefer not to make these phone calls, and if you got your stuff in on time then you could just have a different initial screener.

B.K.

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2005, 02:43:15 PM »
I wish I felt the same way as you did praceticeboy, but I feel like my numbers are just short of putting me where I want to be.  I know my Dean's Cert was only sent out about two weeks ago but this stupid board has made me totally neurotic.

Quite honestly, I think your numbers are fine and not borderline...but you all are making me nervous!! I want this special phone call e-mail too!
I called HLS admissions today to follow up re: if my application was complete. I didn't give my name or social, cuz the woman immediately cut me off and said they are going to send out complete/incomplete e-mails "by the end of the week."

John Galt

« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2005, 02:45:02 PM »

Quite honestly, I think your numbers are fine and not borderline...but you all are making me nervous!! I want this special phone call e-mail too!
I called HLS admissions today to follow up re: if my application was complete. I didn't give my name or social, cuz the woman immediately cut me off and said they are going to send out complete/incomplete e-mails "by the end of the week."

Cosigned. I called today and was told the same thing.

Dirt McGirt

• I love Meg White.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2005, 02:48:03 PM »
Dirt, I wouldn't worry about it.  I get the sense that the first batch of applications were split amongst the adcomms, each of which is bringing a group before full committee.  All of the emails are from the same assistant dean of admissions, so it looks like he wants to find out a bit more information from his group, possibly so he can press harder for them when the committee meets.  There are probably others who prefer not to make these phone calls, and if you got your stuff in on time then you could just have a different initial screener.

Yea, I think you're probably right (though I do think that those of you who have received that email are probably golden, as you are all excellent candidates). I find consolation in the fact that at least two known auto-admits (VeeLeigh and our very own Mr. Galt) have yet to go complete as well.

corky

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2005, 02:48:53 PM »
Personally, I'd add you to that list.

« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2005, 02:49:02 PM »

Stupid LSN takes the fun and mystery out of the application process.  Anyway Brooklyn, I feel like we're pretty similar applicants so we can freak out together.