Law School Discussion

Call from Harvard

curly

• I'm sexy
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Re: Call from Harvard
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2005, 01:06:44 PM »
Of course you always forget to watch, of course, because they don't FREAKIN' ADVERTISE IT!! Even the most loyal fans don't know when it's on or when it's being preempted by baseball or that stupid "prison break" show. Think about it...how many ads for Arrested Dev. have you seen? How many? For a show that's won a billion and one awards and has been critically acclaimed up the wazoo? I've personally seen ONE ad, ONCE. It just blows my mind. How can they use "poor ratings" to cancel a show they never advertised?

I really hope this turns out to be another Family-Guy-like instance where they realize their mistake before it's too late and bring it back.

Sorry. I needed to rant.  :-X

bloomich

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2005, 01:15:07 PM »
okay, i got this email today too... what kind of questions did he ask?... i'm all of a sudden nervous as can be...

« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2005, 01:17:46 PM »
My guess is that he's pretty sure he wants us in on the first wave, and he just wants to go to full committee 100% sure that "these are [his] guys/girls," instead of keeping the application around for several more months and comparing us to other applicants.

bloomich

« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2005, 01:18:30 PM »
lol, ok, so what did he ask??  i'm convinced i'm going to screw this up   :-\

bloomich

« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2005, 01:34:06 PM »
LOL... C'MON... HELP ME, PEOPLE!!!  >:( >:( >:(

jg983

« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2005, 01:40:18 PM »
As long as y'all don't make asses of yourselves, you can consider it a "Welcome to Harvard" phone call.

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• Back to my non-secret secret identity...
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2005, 01:42:15 PM »
lol, ok, so what did he ask??  i'm convinced i'm going to screw this up   :-\

I'm sure you won't.  He asked me about the job I wrote my personal statement about, my current job, what I'd be interested in doing in law school (which I took to mean what I wanted to study, but the question was fairly ambiguous).  It honestly felt like an informal chat- I hate telephones, and I tend to be nervous about interviews anyway, but this really didn't stress me out that much once I was actually on the phone.  He kind of gave some prompts, like "so you sound like a very politically active person" more than specific questions.  He talked about how nice the campus is, and what he's been doing since he graduated.  He was very nice.

(And I was working on typing all this out, but my boss came over and I had to work; sorry for the terribly long delay  ;) )

« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2005, 01:54:50 PM »
As long as y'all don't make asses of yourselves, you can consider it a "Welcome to Harvard" phone call.

Did you or anyone else who applied last year get this call too, Habeas?  I'm hoping you're on the money!

« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2005, 02:15:07 PM »
Grrr, I want that sweet sweet email.  Stupid borderline numbers/Dean sending in my dean cert so late.

practiceboy02

• Still misbehaving in law school
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2005, 02:21:48 PM »
I hope nobody takes this the wrong way, but I'm pretty encouraged by the fact that people with semi-comparable numbers to me are getting this email/call