Law School Discussion

Call from Harvard

Call from Harvard
« on: November 14, 2005, 11:33:03 AM »
So I just got an email from someone at Harvard saying that he was very impressed by my application and wants to call me to talk about it before he forwards it to the faculty members.  Should this make me worried, excited, indifferent?  He did say that he was not calling because there were any gaps or problems with my application.  Is this sort of thing common?

If anyone knows, please let me know.  It would really help ease my mind.   

Thanks.   

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• Back to my non-secret secret identity...
    • View Profile
Re: Call from Harvard
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2005, 11:42:48 AM »
I got that email last week and spoke with Toby on Friday.  I know of three other people on the board who have also gotten the email, and at least one of them has spoken with him.  There's a thread about it: something like THE PHONECALL THREAD (ATTN: SUGERSH ET AL) a few pages back, and some talk about it on the MailCall thread as well.

The call was very genial and informal; he specifically said that it was not about any problems with the application but that he wanted to put a voice to the paper information, and that he wanted to get a little more information before talking to the faculty committee about my file.  He said something about hoping to be in touch soon, so I'm hopeful that it's a good sign, although I certainly don't want to do any premature chicken counting or anything.

practiceboy02

• Still misbehaving in law school
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2005, 11:46:34 AM »
So I just got an email from someone at Harvard saying that he was very impressed by my application and wants to call me to talk about it before he forwards it to the faculty members.  Should this make me worried, excited, indifferent?  He did say that he was not calling because there were any gaps or problems with my application.  Is this sort of thing common?

If anyone knows, please let me know.  It would really help ease my mind.   

Thanks.   

Do you mind if I ask what your numbers are?  I'm assuming you went complete on 11/8, right?

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2005, 11:49:37 AM »
my numbers are 178, 3.99 LSAT GPA (3.93) from Penn.

Su, if you don't mind me asking, what are your numbers?  Also, when did Toby call you?

I really appreciate the quick response.

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2005, 11:52:35 AM »
176/3.71, but you can also get that from the lawschoolnumbers.com/etc. link at the bottom of my (and many other peoples') signature.

And he called during the early afternoon on Friday; I got the email at some point on Thursday.

curly

• I'm sexy
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2005, 11:53:55 AM »
Su, by the way, glad to hear the intv. went well...didn't know where to post that, since the attn:Sugersh et al thread is now like four pages back or something, but I'm really happy for you!

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2005, 11:55:16 AM »
Su, by the way, glad to hear the intv. went well...didn't know where to post that, since the attn:Sugersh et al thread is now like four pages back or something, but I'm really happy for you!

Thanks! :)

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2005, 12:23:57 PM »
I just got the same email from Toby.  Very impressed, probably the same deal.  This sounds promising!  I hope I don't screw anything up!  ;)

corky

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2005, 12:29:23 PM »
Yeah. I'm happy for you guys, but I'm incredibly jealous as well.

curly

• I'm sexy
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2005, 12:33:34 PM »
I'm sure it takes him a LOT of time to read through apps and then email people and then call them up (he seems to be doing it all by himself), so I wouldn't worry about it much. Also, I'm trying to convince myself the email isn't really a good sign until I get a physical letter telling me I'm in. Don't fret, yet  ;).