Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: October Re-takers, unite!  (Read 1616 times)

nathanielmark

Re: October Re-takers, unite!
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2004, 02:44:27 PM »
i would just advise you guys to really sharpen up on RCs.  i was averaging 2-3 wrong per timed RC section and missed 7 on the june test.  one thing i wish i had done in hindsight is worked thru RC sections on a 30 minute clock rather then 35.  you may want to do this to shift the older RC sections to be closer in difficulty to the june section.

but the june RC experimental was supposed to be more consistent with older ones, so who knows.  im sure you have considered these things already anyway.

TroubleWithLSAT

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2004, 03:29:12 PM »
I'm in!

LS2005

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2004, 04:06:41 PM »
Count me in too.  Just wondering how many of you took a prep course for the LSAT before the June exam or how many are now thinking of taking a course?  Personally, I thought self-studying was sufficient, but I guess my was studying the wrong way despite the amount of time that I have put in for prepping.  So I guess I'll spend sth this time to see if those courses are really effective.

exposť

• Sr. Citizen
  • honey, i'm home...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2004, 04:12:24 PM »
Count me in too.  Just wondering how many of you took a prep course for the LSAT before the June exam or how many are now thinking of taking a course?  Personally, I thought self-studying was sufficient, but I guess my was studying the wrong way despite the amount of time that I have put in for prepping.  So I guess I'll spend sth this time to see if those courses are really effective.

2005- What happened?

XTCLaw65

• 3.98/158
    • View Profile
    • Xtension Chords
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2004, 04:13:35 PM »
I'd be up for that.  Keep me posted.  I took Kaplan, but I'm going to be taking Powersocre weekend next month.  I would take the full length, but I wasted all my money on Kaplan and the center's about 125 miles away from campus.  Tough break eh?

Ashen

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2004, 04:21:30 PM »
Any of you in the Miami area by chance?

LS2005

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2004, 04:22:43 PM »
My friends have been telling me that I was wrong for thinking about saving money by not taking a course in the first place, since law school is probably XXXtimes more expensive.  But I thought this sort of test should be alright as long as you put into the time, just like you don't need a tutor for every test that you take in school.  I guess I'm wrong, these tests do have tricks to them, some ppl get it easily, others may have to learn them from these companies.  I'm just thinking will a weekend course suffice?  

Ashen

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2004, 04:49:40 PM »
"I'm just thinking will a weekend course suffice?"

This is a function of where you are scoring now vs. where you would (realistically) like to score. If it's a matter of 1 or 2 points a weekend course might suffice. Any real improvement is likely to require a good teacher and about 150 hours of work.

MikeyMoe1

• 3.93/161--an October Retake boy
    • AOL Instant Messenger - MikeyMoe1
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2004, 11:38:16 AM »
Yay for all the interest!  E-mail:

LSATRound2-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
Bush/Cheney '04--because peace and prosperity suck.

America's Next Top Lawyer

• Sr. Citizen
  • Free at last!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2004, 01:55:50 PM »
sign-up option #2

Here is the link where you could go to sign-up for the group:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LSATRound2/

once there, it should be easy for you to join the group