Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Drafting your own LOR  (Read 2814 times)

Considering_Law

• View Profile
    • One Woman's Quest
    • Email
Re: Drafting your own LOR
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2005, 01:23:36 PM »
I'm writing two of my LOR's.  My only problem is I don't want the writing style to be similar but ah well what can you do. ::)  I see nothing wrong with it, I write my bosses speeches, letters, etc. all the time and all he does is sign his name to it, same thing.

dalilamahimself

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2005, 10:04:42 PM »
I have asked four people for letters and two of them have suggested that I write a draft and or bullet points that list main topics in order to point them in the right direction.  Bullet points I don't have a problem with doing, and if I had no life and an abundance of time, I wouldn't (ethically) have a problem with writing the letter itself...but I don't. 

Honestly - I just feel annoyed when people respond in that way.  I feel like it should be somewhat flattered when someone asks them for a LOR.  I have enough work to do... 

but to answer the ethics question, I don't have a problem with it.
The only thing I have a problem with is that I feel like it's a bit inconsiderate or even lazy when someone replies like this.  Bullet points fine - but that's it.   

FossilJ

• LSD Obsessed
  • Carbon-date THIS, biznitch!
    • View Profile
    • Cricket Rules!
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2005, 07:38:37 AM »
If you asked a prof, chances are that 20 or 30 other people asked her/him as well.  It's less flattering when it's a whole lot of work.   ;) ;D
Pish, J only wants to waste YOUR time.  Get wise.