Law School Discussion

Notre Dame Applicants

!!

• View Profile
Re: Notre Dame Applicants
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2005, 07:26:57 PM »
I was considering applying there before I got into Gtown. I just think the whole Roman Catholic thing is funny. I'm Roman Catholic, but I'm also pro-choice. Most people get really riled up whenever I say that, so I'd hate to see what they'd do to me at ND  :-X

My thing is, I've got a fistful of fee waivers for good schools.  I think I'm gonna use 'em.  Maybe one of these schools will offer me money, what the hell!

!!

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2005, 07:27:30 PM »
Boooooo. Go Blue.  ;)

You from Michigan?

jgatsby

« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2005, 07:30:42 PM »
ND has always stood out in terms of their admissions.  To use a more general example, their football team has suffered because they try to bring in top student/athletes.  They are a small law school with a pretty solid national reputation.  I think they choose people they think will add to their class, much like a small liberal arts college might, though not to the same degree.  They choose students, it appears, who have good numbers and either a compelling application or who exhibit a real desire to go there school.  Dinging high numbers is not yield protection, they are a good enough school that has remained small and has selectively chosen their law students.  I don' think it has much to do with keeping it conservative or Catholic, but that factor might be selfselection of applicants.

All the mid 160s with higher gpas have a good shot.  They will choose the ones they want out of those who have good scores.  I think they are one of the few schools that actually reads the applications.  (hyperbolic, but I think you know what I mean)

Nemesis

• The High Priestess
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2005, 07:32:50 PM »
I was considering applying there before I got into Gtown. I just think the whole Roman Catholic thing is funny. I'm Roman Catholic, but I'm also pro-choice. Most people get really riled up whenever I say that, so I'd hate to see what they'd do to me at ND  :-X

My thing is, I've got a fistful of fee waivers for good schools.  I think I'm gonna use 'em.  Maybe one of these schools will offer me money, what the hell!

I hear yah. Just don't apply to someplace you'd never consider attending though...at least that's my philosophy.

!!

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2005, 07:54:33 PM »
I hear yah. Just don't apply to someplace you'd never consider attending though...at least that's my philosophy.

I'd go to most any Tier 1 for the right price... short of BYU.

verbal

• AOL Instant Messenger - verbaltrinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2005, 08:14:10 PM »
i read last years catalog from nd and strongly considered applying. this year i read their ew catalog and god was mentioned on just about every page. most of my family are strong catholics but i dont think i would want that type of enviroment for lawschool. on a side note BC is still one of my top choices. they didnt seem to make their school all about god though. maybe im wrong but it seems like nd is taking a turn towards being more religous

!!

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2005, 08:19:13 PM »
i read last years catalog from nd and strongly considered applying. this year i read their ew catalog and god was mentioned on just about every page. most of my family are strong catholics but i dont think i would want that type of enviroment for lawschool. on a side note BC is still one of my top choices. they didnt seem to make their school all about god though. maybe im wrong but it seems like nd is taking a turn towards being more religous

Well, BC is different.  It's a Jesuit school, as is Georgetown.