Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Law School Forum  (Read 1193 times)

timthegolfguy

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.29 / 174
    • View Profile
    • Email
Law School Forum
« on: July 07, 2004, 06:04:17 PM »
How useful is this forum? I'm supposed to travel to the one in DC at the end of the month and I wanted to know other opinions about it. I'm not so interested in going to the little sessions throughout the day as I am about getting info and talking to the reps in general. Will it be too rushed and crowded for anything like this. Let me know. Thanks.

jas9999

• Sr. Citizen
  • Actual Law Student
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Law School Forum
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2004, 10:48:12 AM »
they're fairly rushed and cramped. i went to the one in nyc last year, and it was really annoying. there were tons of major ass-kissers pushing their way to the front, dressed really nice, apparently under the impression that some admissions person is going to remember them over the other 3,000 (i'm making that number up) people that showed up that day. the only thing they're good for is picking up colorful brochures from all the schools you're interested in. i found the answers that the admissions people gave to be really bland and generic, and not helpful at all ('we look at every application thoroughly and take blah blah blah into account...').

on the flipside, as long as you register, you may receive app fee waivers from schools. william and mary offered the waiver last year to all nyc registerees.