Law School Discussion

Study Abroad Grades and LSAC

TST

Study Abroad Grades and LSAC
« on: November 09, 2005, 07:18:16 PM »
I did a search for what I was looking for, but found threads with conflicting answers.

Anyway, I am currently studying abroad in Hong Kong and doing terribly. I have a 3.9 at home so I'm not really sure what's going on, but I'm concerned about what this will do to my LSAC gpa.

For my school the grades don't go on my transcript neither are they factored into the GPA.

Is there *any* way I can get around LSAC factoring them into my gpa? I'm afraid this will kill any chance I ever had at a t-14.

I appreciate any help/advice.

corky

• View Profile
Re: Study Abroad Grades and LSAC
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2005, 09:17:03 PM »
Unfortunately, as far as I can tell LSAC factors in study abroad grades no matter what.  At the same time, most people do worse when abroad because there's so much to adjust to, so they'll take that into account when looking at that semester.

RocketBot

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2005, 09:22:36 PM »
Unfortunately, as far as I can tell LSAC factors in study abroad grades no matter what.  At the same time, most people do worse when abroad because there's so much to adjust to, so they'll take that into account when looking at that semester.

This isn't true.  If the school isn't on their list of 4-year insitutions they don't even want the transcript.

If it is, though, it will be factored into your LSAC GPA.

Email LSAC and ask what will happen.

TST

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2005, 09:37:28 PM »
I will do that, thank you both

JPhilmore

• This actually is me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2005, 09:43:17 PM »
I went to Oxford and they didn't factor my grades in......

Apples and Oranges

• My puppy
    • AOL Instant Messenger - MissPalmboom
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2005, 12:43:40 AM »
Haha -- I've got the opposite problem -- can I beg them to factor in my grades? So far Singapore's grading has been soooo easy...my best semester yet!

Either way, since I'm graduating in May and applying right now, I'm just going to not send the transcript from here to LSAC directly, but forward it to the schools I'm applying to in January when I get a copy (like any fall semester senior year grades). So they'll have proof I did something this semester and I don't have to worry about what LSAC will do with it, etc... Is this a good idea?

Good luck,
Jessica

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2005, 12:47:36 AM »
"This isn't true.  If the school isn't on their list of 4-year insitutions they don't even want the transcript."

Where can I access that list?

TST

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2005, 08:26:10 AM »
"This isn't true.  If the school isn't on their list of 4-year insitutions they don't even want the transcript."

Where can I access that list?

I'd like to know this too. I looked on their website and couldn't find it. Does anyone know?

RocketBot

TST

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2005, 09:37:08 AM »
My school's not on there! Thank.you.god.

I appreciate you posting Rocket...that's a big weight off