Law School Discussion

Non-Auto-Admits Club

Re: Non-Auto-Admits Club
« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2005, 10:25:05 AM »
Yep, I totally belong here, although my LSAT score is one out of your range for The Gunner LLP.  I'm just impatiently waiting for one of the adcoms to jump up and profess their love for all my soft factors and make me an auto-admit.  Hahaha, but the truth is I'll probably still be sitting on some waitlists until the summer.  :-\

Steve.jd

• I'm edumacated now, still not photogenic though
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 10, 2005, 10:34:21 AM »
at least y'all are going to get into a top tier. i figure i'll end up at suffolk. TTT 4 ME!

With that LSAT???

I think you're top 25 maybe T14

LSAT is king...

« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2005, 10:54:31 AM »
Anyone with a 160+ should NOT be posting on this thread. At least people with 160+ know that they are going to law school somewhere

jeb240

« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2005, 10:58:12 AM »
Anyone with a 160+ should NOT be posting on this thread. At least people with 160+ know that they are going to law school somewhere

That's kind of what I was trying to get at with my post.  Although not quite so severely.

« Reply #54 on: November 10, 2005, 11:10:31 AM »

That's kind of what I was trying to get at with my post.  Although not quite so severely.

Sorry if it was too severe. It's a little frustrating to see people with 168s and 3.5s complaining that they're not going to get in anywhere.

jgatsby

« Reply #55 on: November 10, 2005, 11:20:18 AM »

We've claimed this thread.  This is the cusp of the t14 non autoadmit thread in some sense.  Most of those who have posted so far fall into this category.  You could start your own sub-160 lsat club if you wish.

skaiserbrown

« Reply #56 on: November 10, 2005, 11:31:09 AM »
at least y'all are going to get into a top tier. i figure i'll end up at suffolk. TTT 4 ME!

With that LSAT???

LSAT is king...

places where i'm above the 25th percentile for GPA

Florida A&M
Texas Southern
Appalachian Law School

i'll get in somewhere, probably even a t2. but i'm not getting my hopes up for anything in the top 30.

also- just because you're going to get INTO a law school doesn't mean you're not allowed to post on this thread. i agree that posting because you're worried you won't get into a top 14 is silly, but other than that you should be allowed to stress out here.

Steve.jd

• I'm edumacated now, still not photogenic though
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 10, 2005, 11:43:13 AM »

With that LSAT???

LSAT is king...

places where i'm above the 25th percentile for GPA

Florida A&M
Texas Southern
Appalachian Law School

i'll get in somewhere, probably even a t2. but i'm not getting my hopes up for anything in the top 30.

also- just because you're going to get INTO a law school doesn't mean you're not allowed to post on this thread. i agree that posting because you're worried you won't get into a top 14 is silly, but other than that you should be allowed to stress out here.

What I am saying though is that it doesn't matter, you're at the 90+% for most schools in the top 30 and thats a lot more valuable than an extra .4 on your GPA

Brasco

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 10, 2005, 11:57:52 AM »
My Chiashu percentages at my target schools are as follows: 68% USD, 30% U of AZ, 30% Hastings, 30% Davis and 30% U of IL.  I've applied to most schools at the end of October. My PS and LORs are strong.  But I still think I'm taking way too much risk.  USD is my only safety, and that's not even safe. 

john83

« Reply #59 on: November 10, 2005, 12:13:28 PM »
i love this thread. it makes me feel better. i was beginning to feel that everyone on LSD scored 170+.

has anyone checked out the ABA Guide on LSAC.org? it's got nice graphs about your chances at particular schools. great profiles. i really like it.

http://officialguide.lsac.org/docs/cgi-bin/home.asp

i applied to a few top top 15 schools, and i'm not expecting to get in anywhere. i mostly did it for fun. but at least i should be an auto-admit at OU law. if i don't get in there, i'm going to kick myself in the face.