Law School Discussion

Non-Auto-Admits Club

Brasco

• View Profile
Re: Non-Auto-Admits Club
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2005, 10:46:12 PM »
I was going to wait until mid-January to hit up the super safeties.  I figure I should hear from a few schools by then.  Hopefully. . .

sarcastic1

• I've got the 1L blues
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2005, 10:48:05 PM »
Yay! I found a home.

I have ONE file complete out of 11 and I know NOTHING!

WOOOOOO!

supergirluw

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2005, 10:50:37 PM »
i'm not even an autoadmit at any of the ttt's i applied to. the ones i would be an autoadmit at would be a waste of my time.

those of you crying about not being an autoadmit at a t-14 can go....i won't say it.

SkullTatt

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2005, 11:08:34 PM »
I am SO SICK OF...

"Oh, I got admitted to Boalt, I got the call...!"

"Oh, Andy Cornblatt hand-wrote me a poem in iambic pentameter...!"

"Oh, TEXAS wants me in their Fall '06 entering CLASS so bad they sent me a GOLD BRICK...!"

Cry me a river!

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2005, 11:15:12 PM »
:D :D :D

Dirt McGirt

• I love Meg White.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2005, 11:19:16 PM »

"Oh, Andy Cornblatt hand-wrote me a poem in iambic pentameter...!"

Amazing

Slow Blues

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2005, 06:17:20 AM »
I like this thread.  ;D

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2005, 08:15:25 AM »
Yes, finally a place for my 3.4/166/soft factor @ss to go and feel welcome. Here's to  getting decisions in August '06!

sck

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2005, 08:25:11 AM »
Hee. Yeah, I'm pretty sure my 3.0, 10-years-out-of-school self won't be an autoadmit anywhere, even if I manage to score a 170+ on the lsat :)

And it's why I'm not looking at t14. Hah. Right. I have neither the numbers nor the mobility for that.

Not applying until next year, but still.

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2005, 08:25:29 AM »
But seriously, if you aren't an auto-admit, does it REALLY matter if your apps go out in September or January?  I figure, they aren't going to look at me until after they have a better idea of the applicants.

Yes. Big time. It's for the non-auto-admits that it matters most. Auto-admits pretty much get in no matter when they submit their applications as long as they're complete before Feb or so. If you look on LSN, people with borderline numbers at any of the schools during any of the cycles will pretty much be separated by when they applied as to whether or not they get in. People always discuss how small and potentially biased LSN is, but considering I've seen this trend present at every school I've looked at one there, I think it's safe to say it's true.

But yeah, non-auto-admit checking in. I'm really hoping that applying ED will put me over the top at Chicago.