Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Dean's Certificate FAQ -- PLEASE READ BEFORE STARTING A NEW THREAD  (Read 118503 times)

idrankwhat

• View Profile
Re: Dean's Certificate FAQ -- PLEASE READ BEFORE STARTING A NEW THREAD
« Reply #110 on: April 23, 2007, 10:42:36 AM »
Looks like Georgetown only wants one if you are transferring into Georgetown from another Law School.  If I am mistaken, could someone kindly point me in the right direction of their Dean's Cert. form?

Thank you All

Not sure if my reply is helpful to the OP (so many months after the fact), but for future reference, GULC does require a DC from your degree-granting institution if you decide to enroll.  No link to the form on the website... you'll receive a copy with your admissions packet. 

bean22

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 07, 2007, 12:06:17 AM »
University of Washington still requires one (it's called "form b" on their application) from the degree-granting undergraduate institution and any school where graduate work was done.

I also thought I'd add that if you are a UW student, you can submit this form, or others like it, to the Student Affairs Office, 476 Schmitz Hall.

bubDread

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 25, 2007, 09:21:58 PM »
I didnt see this on Harvard's app?

jimfoolery

• Sr. Citizen
  • Bo knows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 25, 2007, 09:39:02 PM »
I didnt see this on Harvard's app?

The OP is from 2005, and hasn't been updated recently.  Somewhere in there people discuss Harvard's policy change, which is to now require the DC only upon enrollment.  You didn't read the thread, did you?
Werewolf bar mitzvah, spooky, scary,
Boys becoming men, men becoming wolves!

jimfoolery

• Sr. Citizen
  • Bo knows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 26, 2007, 11:20:00 AM »
::)

no

btw, tecmo bowl KICKS ASS!!  Bo jackson was freaking unstoppable.  The 49ers were the best tho.  There was a play that was unstoppable.

Don't I know it.  It was best to make a "no 49ers" rule when playing with friends so you didn't become infuriated by a 100-yd bomb to Jerry Rice and try to kill each other.  The Eagles and Chiefs were probably the most fun to play with.
Werewolf bar mitzvah, spooky, scary,
Boys becoming men, men becoming wolves!

Beurre

• Sr. Citizen
  • coming soon,,
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 29, 2007, 12:01:07 AM »
Should I send my Dean's certificate now for CLS?
Or, should I send it in September? I suppose that I should get my dean to sign the form and I, not school, should be sending this by mail?

The only problem is that I am now back home, about 20 hours of driving away from my grad school. anyone know if this can be done by fax? I don't need to pick it up in person....?

thanks.

flyaway

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 29, 2007, 08:59:31 AM »
You can definitely do it by mail.  I believe normal procedure (or at least what I did) was have the school(s) send it to Columbia, not to you. 

If I were you, I'd wait until September.  Columbia is not fabulous about keeping track of paperwork, so I'd wait until they have your application and know who the f* you are, when they receive your dean's cert(s).
Michigan Law Class of 2010

SWATJester

• http://wikilaw.blogspot.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - TacSimSWATJester
    • View Profile
    • May It Please The Court -- A guide for 1L's and aspiring law students.
    • Email
« Reply #117 on: August 06, 2007, 06:21:48 PM »
Add Washington and Lee to that list.
Are you a 1L or aspiring law student? You need to read this!
http://wikilaw.blogspot.com
A guide for 1L's and law students-to-be written by a 1L at American University Washington College of Law.

bamf

• Sr. Citizen
  • legal eagle
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 06, 2007, 10:17:59 PM »
Do you think I could ask the Dean of Undergrad Advising in my specific college?  I worked with her very closely in a student organization and she also knows of a specific academic honor I received that she would be able to fill out the 'additional info' section at the bottom (I'm looking at Stanford's).

I'm just not sure if this is ideal for the top half of the form since she's not Judicial Affairs or Registration/Records or even the head Dean of the business College.  Would it be inappropriate to have it filled out be two different people? 

this needs to be filled out by one person but it can be anyone who has full access to your school record.
2L, Boston College Law

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/bamf

Around from time to time.  Always willing to answer any Qs about BC, my '06/'07 cycle or law school in general ... PMs work better ...

und3r3stimat3d

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 06, 2007, 10:34:58 PM »
columbia doesn't require one this year, which is nice i guess.