Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Dean's Certificate FAQ -- PLEASE READ BEFORE STARTING A NEW THREAD  (Read 118294 times)

ginkgo biloba

• View Profile
Re: Dean's Certificate FAQ -- PLEASE READ BEFORE STARTING A NEW THREAD
« Reply #80 on: October 25, 2006, 10:38:09 AM »
well, my undergrad's prelaw office writes its own letter/certification and form to the schools i request...the prelaw people said i can send it to whoever i want and that schools are used to receiving them, even if not requested...i'm wondering if there were any downsides to that...if not, why not right? 

juliemccoy

• Sr. Citizen
  • Treat??
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 25, 2006, 11:00:34 AM »
I don't think it will make any difference if you send a Dean's Certificate to any of the law schools that don't require it.
Vanderbilt 2010

mL4300ic

« Reply #82 on: October 27, 2006, 01:38:35 AM »
If you e-mail Columbia or Stanford about whether they got your Dean's Cert Form(s), will they even respond? How about a phone call? I haven't submitted my application yet, but I requested Dean's Certs several weeks ago.

jd2bee

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #83 on: October 28, 2006, 05:25:03 PM »
If you e-mail Columbia or Stanford about whether they got your Dean's Cert Form(s), will they even respond? How about a phone call? I haven't submitted my application yet, but I requested Dean's Certs several weeks ago.

I've emailed both schools with questions, and they've been very responsive.  I also asked, and you can submit the Dean's Cert before your app gets there.

mL4300ic

« Reply #84 on: October 28, 2006, 10:41:34 PM »

I've emailed both schools with questions, and they've been very responsive.  I also asked, and you can submit the Dean's Cert before your app gets there.

Thanks. I will get right on this. I e-mailed Virginia 2-3 days ago and haven't heard anything back from them, so I was worried this would be the case at other schools as well.

deedeeleigh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • lsn
« Reply #85 on: November 03, 2006, 05:50:22 PM »
It's strange--on LSAC, Washington & lee doesn't seem to require one, but on their website application area they say they do. Anyone know for sure?

Commie Panda

• Sr. Citizen
  • Don't worry, I'm not really a commie...or a panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 06, 2006, 10:04:12 AM »
Forgive me if this has already been covered but I didn't see it in the list--Washington and Lee requires a Dean's form:

http://law.wlu.edu/admissions/page.asp?pageid=305

fryman

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 10, 2006, 11:52:22 AM »
Just to help people out--

BU and UCONN say that it's no problem if the certification arrives before the application.

no name

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 15, 2006, 01:29:54 PM »
How long, on average, does it take for a DC to arrive at a given school.  I sent mine out on my UG school over twoo weeks ago and I don't believe any of the schools got them yet.

chewy06

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 27, 2006, 12:19:47 AM »
I got accepted to Richmond last week, and my DC forms are still sitting blank on my desk.

I guess I should submit those or something. :D