Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: specific LORs  (Read 858 times)

lexylit

specific LORs
« on: July 07, 2004, 02:26:56 PM »
hey campers
if you're applying to a dozen schools or so, and each of your recommenders might have 11 generic recs and one school-specific (e.g. "i too went to GULC and can see lexy there," or "i'm a stanford prof so obviously my stanford rec is stanford-specific" etc) is that reason enough to not do recs through lsdas at all? if you don't do lsdas, do you just do it old-school with a dozen pre-addressed envelopes and as many LOR forms?

newy

Re: specific LORs
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2004, 09:47:34 AM »
I know that LSDAS is allowing you to name and select which letters are sent to which schools.  I'm not sure if there is still a 3 letter limit though.  This would be pretty nice for your purposes if there isn't a limit. 

I'm running into the same problem in that some of the schools I'm applying to "look highly upon" letters specifically addressing my qualifications towards that school specifically.  I know some schools have different areas of specialty, but don't you think the same qualities make a good law student at any law school? 

lexie0502

Re: specific LORs
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2004, 09:22:49 AM »
i'm going with generic. it's the beauty of the system. they know that this is how it works. htey know that you'll apply to 20+/- schools and they know that most people send generic.