Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: NWU Status Checker  (Read 371 times)

heybrent

• View Profile
NWU Status Checker
« on: November 08, 2005, 02:46:28 PM »
It's been a month since I applied to NW, but I never got the application received email.  Which means I didnt have access to the online status checker.  So I finally called the admiss. office and they said they had emailed it on the 14th, but I definitely didnt get it.  So she said she would email it again for me, but that one still hasn't come either.  She was very nice about it, though, and said, "but your file is complete."

I still can't get into the NWU status checker, though, which means no admissions decision for me (they don't mail them.)  For someone who has applied there, what is the "application ID"?  Is it your SSN, or your birthdate, or your LSAC number, or any combination of those, or is it random?  I would like to have this information eventually, and NW's emailer doesnt get along with my email.

junetesttaker

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: NWU Status Checker
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2005, 02:48:24 PM »
something random
The University of Michigan Law School Class of 2009

heybrent

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2005, 02:49:18 PM »
that's annoying.  did it come in an email from them?  a lot of people have said that their emails arent actually getting to them.

junetesttaker

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2005, 02:52:11 PM »
yeah i got it through an email.
The University of Michigan Law School Class of 2009

heybrent

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2005, 02:53:39 PM »
thanks.  she said they had sent it out via email, but none came.  so their email is broken.

RallyMonkey

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2005, 03:02:12 PM »
I applied the same week as you. I never received an email from Northwestern either. I just assumed they got it.

I would like to be able to find out if I ultimately get accepted or rejected though -- that would be nice.

heybrent

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2005, 03:03:28 PM »
yeah it would... she was really nice when i called and said i was complete.  she also said she'd resend the email, but it never came.  you should call and let them know that none of their emails are going out, and ask her if she will tell you if you are complete.

stressedout

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2005, 03:31:50 PM »
I just got my applicant ID today.  You should note that the email does NOT come from some generic NU admissions office email address, but rather, comes from a specific person in the NU admissions office with a subject line of "Your Application".  Perhaps you overlooked it as spam or your spam blocker blocked it? worse yet, your school's email system might have automatically blocked it if it thought it looked like spam.