Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Sources of LORs  (Read 1608 times)

swagger

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Swagger008
    • View Profile
    • LSN for stats
Sources of LORs
« on: July 07, 2004, 01:57:21 PM »
So I downloaded some applications, and they specifically stated that while they would accept LSDAS recommendations, they would prefer for the applicant to use their specific LOR form.

I am planning on applying to 9-11 law schools, and I of course do not wish to inundate my LOR writers with separate forms.  Does using the LSDAS form hurt my app at these schools?

nathanielmark

Re: Sources of LORs
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2004, 02:01:18 PM »
i dont think it is a factor that would alter an admission decision.  but that is just my take on it.

dta

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2004, 02:02:04 PM »
crap - I haven't even looked yet. that really does suck. Kinda ruins the usefulness of LSDAS.

nathanielmark

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2004, 02:08:37 PM »
i refuse to comply with something as silly as this.  you could end up with 10 different letters, or one silly letter to accomodate numerous apps.  they can eat ass on this one for all i care.  like i said, i cant see a case where it is going to change a decision.

guyutegirl (Jew-Lo)

• Sr. Citizen
  • Donkey punch: It's not just for breakfast anymore
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Guyutegirl+JewLo
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2004, 02:33:40 PM »
they can eat ass on this one for all i care. 

...lol, yes they can...
Few people understand the psychology of dealing with a highway traffic cop. Your normal speeder will panic and immediately pull over to the side. This is wrong. It arouses contempt in the cop-heart. Make the bastard chase you. He will follow.

Kwertee

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2004, 04:58:13 AM »
Many of the apps I've read say that they prefer the LSDAS rec.  In my case, that's all they are getting.  Either that or a steaming slice of ass.