Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Fall 2007 Roll Call!  (Read 1005 times)

Electric Counterpoint

• Sr. Citizen
  • Harvard 2010
    • View Profile
    • Email
Fall 2007 Roll Call!
« on: November 07, 2005, 11:35:35 PM »
Everybody who's getting an early start on preparing for the F'2007-W'2008 round of apps, sign in! I've just started thinking seriously about preparing myself for the LSAT, etc. in the last week or so, and this board has been a godsend. I imagine I'll take the LSAT in June 2006 after prepping full time in May and (hopefully) a few hours a week before that. Then I should be able to get my apps in as soon as they open the gates in the fall... Right now, it just feels good to have plenty of time ahead of me to do it all.

I'm blogging the whole, yearlong process (in my sig), but I'm not trying to pimp my own site, I just want to get an idea of who else is on the site right now with the same timeframe?
Former mostly-anonymous admissions cycle blogger. Current law student.

jgatsby

Re: Fall 2007 Roll Call!
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2005, 11:44:57 PM »
I'm applying next cycle as well.  I took the LSAT already back in October.  Took TM and went from high 150s to 166.  I've been looking into schools since I got my score.  I am ready to apply now.  I am thinking of doing a law school admissions blog.  But I'm lazy. 

Karl Pilkington

• Sr. Citizen
  • Only Ricky and Steve know my secret identity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2005, 11:52:38 PM »
My advice is to register for the LSAT as soon as you can. I waited until the last minute, and every testing site in my city was full for the June '05 test. I ended up taking it in October (which worked out well in the end), but make sure you get a spot at the testing center you want.

Groundhog

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2005, 12:02:55 AM »
I'm applying for 2007 as well, but I want to be done and have my applications in in September so I can slack off and enjoy my last year here on the beach.

Electric Counterpoint

• Sr. Citizen
  • Harvard 2010
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2005, 12:04:22 AM »
My advice is to register for the LSAT as soon as you can. I waited until the last minute, and every testing site in my city was full for the June '05 test. I ended up taking it in October (which worked out well in the end), but make sure you get a spot at the testing center you want.

That's my plan exactly. I saw somewhere (Kaplan?) that the oncampus UMich site got really good reviews from test-takers, so I'm putting some cash aside and checking the LSAC site daily once March comes around.
Former mostly-anonymous admissions cycle blogger. Current law student.

amygem

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2005, 12:29:40 PM »
I'll be applying next fall as well...

Vannabunny

• LSD Obsessed
    • MSN Messenger - savannah_honey@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2005, 12:53:50 PM »
I'm Fall 07 as well
High Priestess of the P-Dub Club

talking dirty to vanna is like... like... hitting on the pope or someting

IU-B grad student, working in corporate America

sck

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2005, 01:02:45 PM »
I'm a Fall 2007 person, as well. Taking the lsat in December, though, to get it out of the way.... and to give myself time to retake if I manage to bomb it!

the Fall 2007 thing is more to give me time to make sure I want to do it, to take a class maybe, to gather recs... I just don't want to rush. And I want to submit as early as possible so I can relax.
LSN
Nontrad, with a crazy split

Vannabunny

• LSD Obsessed
    • MSN Messenger - savannah_honey@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2005, 01:04:46 PM »
I may take the Feb LSAT or the June... depends if I can raise my practice tests scorces enough in time
High Priestess of the P-Dub Club

talking dirty to vanna is like... like... hitting on the pope or someting

IU-B grad student, working in corporate America

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2005, 07:10:02 PM »
It is good to see I have some company.  As they say about the early bird, I hope we all get our worms.  Good luck to those who have yet to take the lsat.