Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

If you were waitlisted this year, what's the current status of each of your WLs? (10 max)

Still WLed
 45 (70.3%)
Accepted off WL
 10 (15.6%)
Rejected off WL
 9 (14.1%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Author Topic: Waitlist Closure  (Read 2655 times)

msher3yn

• View Profile
Re: Waitlist Closure
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2004, 10:29:44 PM »
Waiting and waiting and waiting for Cardozo. I haven't seen anyone get off their waitlist since their second deposit and I am trying really hard not to think about them but a little part of me is still trying to be positive.

ebrumm

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2004, 09:09:05 AM »
yup still waiting...

Get2knowU

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2004, 10:25:46 AM »
me too.  it sucks.

Kwang

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2004, 11:21:25 AM »
Get2knowU: Did you get the deferral email from Miami?

me too.  it sucks.

Ginatio

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2004, 11:24:30 AM »
you figure we're not going to get accepted off a wait-list anyway, so why not take control of the situation?

i'm thinking about writing a letter to the admissions offices of schools where I am wait-listed and giving them an ultimatum... something to the effect of "I've already made my plans of where I am going to attend and they are giving me $X in scholarship assistance.  If you can come up with a counteroffer by July 30th, then I will consider it..."

neverends

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2004, 06:03:45 PM »
Why not, you're the customer dude.  Your buying the legal education (for 150,000 dollars, thats alot of chocolate chip cookies).

Then again, they'd probably say, thanks for making the rest of our decisions easier...
it's coming...

Ginatio

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2004, 06:44:53 PM »
i dunno... it may be worth it even if it does make their decision "easier". it's coming dodwn to the wire, though, and i'm just going into negotiation mode...

Why not, you're the customer dude.  Your buying the legal education (for 150,000 dollars, thats alot of chocolate chip cookies).

Then again, they'd probably say, thanks for making the rest of our decisions easier...

neverends

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2004, 03:52:34 AM »
Maybe split the difference... try it with half of em, one you won't, one you don't.  See what happens.  I might keep a waitlist in your back pocket, just to keep this summer uninteresting.
it's coming...