Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

If you were waitlisted this year, what's the current status of each of your WLs? (10 max)

Still WLed
 45 (70.3%)
Accepted off WL
 10 (15.6%)
Rejected off WL
 9 (14.1%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Author Topic: Waitlist Closure  (Read 2739 times)

Ginatio

Waitlist Closure
« on: July 07, 2004, 01:42:06 PM »
I'm *STILL* on the Columbia, Harvard, and Stanford wait-lists.

I'm a bit perplexed because I figured these schools would have their classes finalized by now, or would have at least whittled down their WL enough so as to have rejected me by now.

Just wondering how everyone else has fared on any waitlists, and whether anyone has any info. on how any of the above schools treat their waitlists (as in, do they keep the entire WL pool around until classes start, or what?)

Honestly though, I just want some closure at this point and wish they would just go ahead and reject me so I can stop wondering what I'll do if I get in at Stanford...

Kwang

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Waitlist Closure
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2004, 01:47:36 PM »
I'm in a similar situation. Wailisted at Rutgers, Northeastern, and American. All 3 schools have informed me that they're currently overenrolled and have no current plans to go to their waitlist. Yet they stil haven't sent me the reject letter. I really want to go to Rutgers and so the possibility of being taken off the waitlist - even though it's unlikely - is killing me.

msher3yn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2004, 02:23:44 PM »
Where are you going if you do not get off Rutgers waitlist?

Protagoras

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2004, 02:45:02 PM »
Closure would be nice, I've already been accepted off one waitlist (Hastings) but really would like to attend UCLA, unfortunately closure does not seem likely in the near future, my last letter from UCLA inquired as to "the latest date you would accept an offer of admission" I'm not sure if that's good bad or indifferent, but it sure souds bad as far as closure is concerned   :(

Kwang

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2004, 03:25:12 PM »
I'll be heading to the U. of Miami in August. Go Canes!

Where are you going if you do not get off Rutgers waitlist?

Get2knowU

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2004, 04:05:05 PM »
I'm in a similar situation.  Planning on going to the University of Miami, but I am on three waitlists, and I hope I get off one of them soo.  I guess I would still be happy going to UM, but I might wait another year and reapply.  Kwang, what is your impression of Miami?

GA_Kristi

• Sr. Citizen
  • Whittier Law School Class of 2007
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2004, 04:07:41 PM »
I was waitlisted at Valparaiso in November and finally got my rejection this past Saturday (2.87, 150 and 154).  Didn't want to go there anyhow, only applied because they sent me a free application.  Nice to finally hear from them though!
"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle-victorious." - Vince Lombardi

Kwang

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2004, 05:09:07 PM »
Honestly, I wasn't sold on the school in the beginning. It's ranking and tuition kind of turned me off and I was set to reapply for next year. But after I visited the school and spoke with a few alums (I met these people through work not the school), I started to get excited about going. It's a good school and I think it's under-rated. Granted it's regional and you're probably going to live and work in South Florida after graduation, but I don't think that's a bad thing. Being from the northeast I could use a few years of warm winters.

One concern that I have is that I am Korean and I don't think there are that many Asians down there. I'm concerned about minority hiring practices, etc. I think I'm being paranoid, but it still bugs me a little.

I'm in a similar situation.  Planning on going to the University of Miami, but I am on three waitlists, and I hope I get off one of them soo.  I guess I would still be happy going to UM, but I might wait another year and reapply.  Kwang, what is your impression of Miami?

daynee

• Sr. Citizen
  • 2.84/162 University of Richmond 1L - FINALLY!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2004, 05:49:12 PM »
"priority" WL'd at Richmond.  They're hoping to admit "some" people after they tally up their 2nd depositers, but I'm in a flux between waiting with bated breath and not holding my breath.  We'll see, I suppose...
If we do not find anything pleasant, at least we shall find something new.  ~ Voltaire, Candide

neverends

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2004, 05:50:20 PM »
Closure would be nice, I've already been accepted off one waitlist (Hastings) but really would like to attend UCLA, unfortunately closure does not seem likely in the near future, my last letter from UCLA inquired as to "the latest date you would accept an offer of admission" I'm not sure if that's good bad or indifferent, but it sure souds bad as far as closure is concerned 

Brutal! but it sounds good for you.
it's coming...