Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: washington and lee. any thoughts?  (Read 3505 times)

kingofspain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: washington and lee. any thoughts?
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2005, 10:04:48 PM »
wow that bad?  other people seem to love it.

: (

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2005, 05:12:16 AM »
Most of the people love it because most of the people fit that description.  I know very few people from major cities outside of the South (NYC, DC, Chicago, LA, Miami, etc.) who are truly happy at W&L.

Fred Hits

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2005, 03:04:56 PM »
well im from major city areas of the northeast, not religous, hate suv's, and am not conservative (tho im not exactly libneral either)---i think its great and i also think you are unfairly simplifying- if you expect w&l to be just as diverse, liberal, and offer as many people to meet as a school like gw you are going to be mistaken

JordanKS

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2005, 04:04:51 PM »
Fred,

perhaps this is a little off topic, but I saw on your LSD profile that you got some money from W&L.  Was that 10k per year grant money? If so how did you aquire it?

I'm wondering because I've recently been accepted there and am seriously considering attending. My numbers are 164 and 3.8, so it seems like I should be able to get some money. 

: (

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2005, 04:45:07 PM »
After receiving a barrage of angry PMs from W&L loyalists, I will admit that my delivery was sarcastic and somewhat harsh to those who do not share my sense of humor and/or perspective.  I am not, as one 3L claims, trying to drag W&L through the mud.  It's a great school and most of the students like it a lot.  The academics are excellent.  Like every school, it has its pros and cons, but even in the light of all its positive aspects, W&L is not the place for me.  I have listed some of the factors behind my decision to transfer, but there are many others that could not have been foreseen (I do not wish to delve into specific details about my life, so let's leave it at that).

kingofspain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2005, 05:53:41 PM »
Rutgers!

bluegreyeyes

• Sr. Citizen
  • i dream of being ordinary
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2005, 07:50:54 PM »
After receiving a barrage of angry PMs from W&L loyalists, I will admit that my delivery was sarcastic and somewhat harsh to those who do not share my sense of humor and/or perspective.  I am not, as one 3L claims, trying to drag W&L through the mud.  It's a great school and most of the students like it a lot.  The academics are excellent.  Like every school, it has its pros and cons, but even in the light of all its positive aspects, W&L is not the place for me.  I have listed some of the factors behind my decision to transfer, but there are many others that could not have been foreseen (I do not wish to delve into specific details about my life, so let's leave it at that).

ha, don't worry... i posted about W&L awhile back and got a pretty offensive PM too. i went to UG near W&L so i've been there a few times, and i have several (older) friends that went there so i offered up some advice about the lack of social scene at W&L. don't get me wrong, it's beautiful and full of history but the lack of surroundings and lack of diversity are something a lot of people find hard to adjust to.
"Yesterday's just a memory, tomorrow is never what it's supposed to be." Bob Dylan

Fred Hits

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2005, 08:08:51 PM »
they sent out letters about a month after acceptances giving offers- i have a feeling they did things different last year because there was no scholarship to apply to and no acceptances that i know about were given before the new year

Fred Hits

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2005, 08:09:42 PM »
Rutgers!

only lost by 5!!!  next year a bowl win

bruinbro

• Sr. Citizen
  • B-Blitz
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2005, 08:59:02 PM »
W&L seems to take great pride in their profs.
In: Case Western ($$), IU-B ($$), USD ($$), Pitt ($$), Iowa, Wisconsin , George Mason ($), Loyola-LA ($$), UC-Davis, UIUC ($), American, Tulane ($$),GW
Out: Notre Dame,BC,WUSTL,Cornell,W&L