Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Why is Cooley always made fun of?  (Read 2784 times)

maka nani

• LSD Obsessed
    • AOL Instant Messenger - redsox1079
    • View Profile
Re: Why is Cooley always made fun of?
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2005, 11:04:28 AM »
I agree.  For example, my school's pre-law advisor is always pimping Roger Williams on us.  The problem is that they're barely accredited at this point.  Its a shame, no one has the heart to tell the senile old coot, though.

you go to URI?  ;)
DON'T GO TO LAW SCHOOL YOU DUMB FUCKS.

kmpnj

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • law school numbers
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2005, 09:11:21 PM »

you go to URI?  ;)
[/quote]

No, Stockton College in New Jersey.  I think he has an inferiority complex regarding our school, even though its consistently ranked as one of the best public liberal arts colleges in the country.  He's been there since the beginning, when they didn't have grades and were a big tree-hugger school.  Then again, our school's mean LSAT is like a 140-145, so maybe he has a point.

kmpnj

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • law school numbers
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2005, 09:13:15 PM »
If I may be permitted a moment of insensitivity, one thing I've noticed about Cooley's viewbook is how ugly the people in there are. Granted, no one's perfect, and law students can be somewhat pasty-looking after spending hours under fluorescent lights studying, but the people at Cooley are FUGLY. If those are the people they're putting in the viewbook to promote the school, imagine how ugly everyone else is.

On the plus side, ugly chicks are easy, if you're into that kind of stuff.

On that topic, have you seen Syracuse's viewbook?  Very nice talent in that publication, I have to say.  Thank God they don't make you go to the board to do math problems in law school.  I'd fail for sure. :P

Lindbergh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2005, 10:09:30 AM »
Not that i'm planning to apply there, but is there something exceptionally wrong with the school that i'm missing?

i feel like such a newb

In addition to the self-rankings, Cooley has student numbers that make them one of the less selective schools in the country. 

However, if your goal is to simply get a JD, Cooley is one way to do that, and there have been successful attorneys from there.

HeyThere

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2005, 01:18:49 AM »
If I may be permitted a moment of insensitivity, one thing I've noticed about Cooley's viewbook is how ugly the people in there are. Granted, no one's perfect, and law students can be somewhat pasty-looking after spending hours under fluorescent lights studying, but the people at Cooley are FUGLY. If those are the people they're putting in the viewbook to promote the school, imagine how ugly everyone else is.

On the plus side, ugly chicks are easy, if you're into that kind of stuff.

Kruddler,
  I do not wish to sound mean here and to use your own words "if I may be permitted a moment of insensitivity", someone with a 2.62 GPA should not be bashing schools in any way. Come April you might be scrambling for a school. I wish you the best of luck in the application process.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2005, 06:52:19 PM »
You can thank DOWNY for Cooley's reputation on the web as the worst law school.

downy also can thank self for having worst reputation of anyone on web.  such putzdom hard to imagine.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2005, 06:56:33 PM »
Kruddler,
  I do not wish to sound mean here and to use your own words "if I may be permitted a moment of insensitivity", someone with a 2.62 GPA should not be bashing schools in any way. Come April you might be scrambling for a school. I wish you the best of luck in the application process.

1. Believe it or not, my GPA is deceptive. My two first years were terrible, but then I got things together and had a strong upward trend.

2. My 15 apps run the gamut from T1 dreams to T2 reaches to T3 and T4 slam dunks, and Cooley's not anywhere on the list. I don't foresee myself scrambling in April, or even March and hopefully not February.

3. The people in the Cooley viewbook ARE ugly. And, when you're in my position, you've had the chance to compare the viewbooks of quite a few *ahem* subpar schools. Cooley by far has the highest ugly ratio of any of them.

4. Thank you for the kind words of advice.

julie has heard about you.  what she heard is that you have face like dog's butt.  and dogs everywhere take advantrage of you.

you welcome.

LSATFLU

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2005, 12:17:32 AM »
Isn't it true that the reason Cooley has those "rankings" is to show how US News & Rankings, among others, cannot always be taken at face value.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2005, 07:33:37 AM »
that make sense.

rider06

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2005, 05:10:57 PM »