Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Beta Gamma Sigma - Legitimate???  (Read 1450 times)

jays98978

• View Profile
Beta Gamma Sigma - Legitimate???
« on: November 06, 2005, 05:36:41 PM »
I was wondering if anyone has any information on whether Beta Gamma Sigma is legitimate or just trying to make money. I got an invitation before and this time it was from the Dean of my university's Business Department (unlike the other invitations I've gotten before to join other "Honor Societies") so I was wondering if it's worth the $60 to join and if it's prestigious enough that I could buy a sweatshirt to represent my membership and not feel stupid.

I appreciate any input you can give me.

Thanks!

vegemitemama

Re: Beta Gamma Sigma - Legitimate???
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2005, 12:34:17 AM »
I get a lot of those, too. Golden Key Honour Society, Who'd Who, etc. I don't take any of them seriously. What could the benefit possibly be?

tegra8

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2005, 08:00:18 AM »
I was wondering if anyone has any information on whether Beta Gamma Sigma is legitimate or just trying to make money. I got an invitation before and this time it was from the Dean of my university's Business Department (unlike the other invitations I've gotten before to join other "Honor Societies") so I was wondering if it's worth the $60 to join and if it's prestigious enough that I could buy a sweatshirt to represent my membership and not feel stupid.

I appreciate any input you can give me.

Thanks!

you should feel stupid for even thinking about buying a sweatshirt and wearing it...  but BGS is legitimate

somniferum

• Sr. Citizen
  • Papavar somniferum
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2005, 11:01:26 AM »
Don't know about buying the shirt, but BGS is legit.  Its a pretty big deal to get an invite (at my school anyway).