Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Waitlists 05-06 Cycle  (Read 33037 times)

Patrick Bateman

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Waitlists 05-06 Cycle
« Reply #70 on: March 07, 2006, 10:08:13 AM »
Waitlisted at Miami. 

latinlord

• Sr. Citizen
  • ME... Litigating at the Indiana State Court house!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - latinlord
    • View Profile
    • myspace profile, "come and say hello"
    • Email
« Reply #71 on: March 08, 2006, 05:23:07 PM »
Since I was accepted to Indiana U- Indy part time I asked if I could be put on the waitlist for fulltime. They said i'm near the top of the list, so that is good. Also i'm still waiting on St. Thomas Florida. Those guys are taking soo long, but I may just withdraw anyway. I don't think i'll even concider it unless given a lot of money. I know though that I would love to live in Miami, but don't think i would study a thing (other than the latin women!!!)  ;D ;D
Graduated from Indiana Law - Indianapolis!!
Was a 3rd year Visiting Student at Villanova University School of Law.
Graduated from Temple University Beasley School of Law - LL.M in Trial Advocacy Candidate 2010
 Published by Chicano/Latino Law Review of UCLA LAW. & I'm a Licensed Esq. NOW!

likewise

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 09, 2006, 01:09:33 PM »
Waitlisted at Pitt.   Grrrrrrrr.  A longer wait for a school near the top of my list.  Grrrrrrr.

ScreamingInfidelities

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 09, 2006, 05:27:11 PM »
Waitlisted at American today.

ScreamingInfidelities

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 09, 2006, 09:46:23 PM »
I'm going to stay on the list for full time. I'd rather take a year off and try to up my LSAT for another cycle than go somewhere part-time at this point in my life. I'm graduating undergrad in a few months..so a year of saving up some cash wouldn't hurt. I haven't read all the literature because it was sent to my permanent addy. My brother just read it to me over the phone. What are you going to do?

pantone292

• View Profile
« Reply #75 on: March 09, 2006, 09:56:19 PM »
I think that's smart -- taking a year off is not a bad worst-case scenario.  It's amazingly nice not to have homework for awhile, and to figure out exactly where you want to be.
I decided to stay on the full-time-only waitlist, just to avoid any weirdness with part-time.  AU makes it sound like it's not a big deal to switch from part-time to full-time after the first year, but who knows how complicated it is if you were to try to transfer to another school, do a joint degree, etc. -- I haven't researched part-time at all. 
Oh and fyi -- it says on the Wait List Requirement Form that if offered a spot, you have to let them know at the time of the offer whether you will be accepting.  Since they do it by phone, I may be screening all 202 area code calls for the next few months just to give myself more than 15 seconds to make up my mind for good.  That $700 seat deposit is nuts.
Anyway good luck to you whatever you do.

shaz

• Sr. Citizen
  • University of Toledo Class of 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 10, 2006, 02:00:32 AM »
jeez. $700?  what happens if you accept but can't afford the seat deposit?  will they wait?   ???
losin' sleep, gainin' knowledge.

ScreamingInfidelities

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 10, 2006, 02:14:01 AM »
Wow. $700? Thats intense. Thanks for the heads up. Good luck to you too. Hopefully this cycle will work out somehow for both of us.

Gaditano

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 10, 2006, 06:15:54 PM »
I was just waitlisted at AU as well. Debating whether i should put myself on the part-time or full-time. It will be tough to make a decision "IMMEDIATELY UPON BEING CONTACTED" if it comes to that. I'm too far away to visit the school without knowing if i'm in or not...I have been to DC before but never to the AU campus.

bennybm

• View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #79 on: March 11, 2006, 12:32:25 AM »
w/l at UGA......  my #1, this is killing me.  I think I am in for the long haul.
In - GSU, UGA
Out - UF
Withdrawn - Memphis, Kentucky, South Carolina, Mercer, Samford, FSU