Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Rejections 05-06 Cycle  (Read 74109 times)

Army2Law

• View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: Rejections 05-06 Cycle
« Reply #100 on: January 22, 2006, 12:07:58 AM »
I received my UofM rejection yesterday.  Well, actually my wife received my UofM rejection because I am in Minnesota visiting schools in Minneapolis.

Kind of disappointed, but not unexpected.

Still have plenty of schools to choose from.

piggy-buttercup

• Sr. Citizen
  • hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 22, 2006, 02:19:24 AM »
I received my UofM rejection yesterday.  Well, actually my wife received my UofM rejection because I am in Minnesota visiting schools in Minneapolis.

Kind of disappointed, but not unexpected.

Still have plenty of schools to choose from.

I used to be a military dependent. madd kudos to you for such drastic career transition. =) like you said, you still got plenty of schools to choose from! esp U minn!  :)

bruinbro

• Sr. Citizen
  • B-Blitz
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 22, 2006, 01:37:08 PM »
Ding at Cornell. Not a surprise, but very sad. I REALLY wanted to go there.
In: Case Western ($$), IU-B ($$), USD ($$), Pitt ($$), Iowa, Wisconsin , George Mason ($), Loyola-LA ($$), UC-Davis, UIUC ($), American, Tulane ($$),GW
Out: Notre Dame,BC,WUSTL,Cornell,W&L

Skeptic

• Sr. Citizen
  • I need Radiohead tickets for show in L.A.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 22, 2006, 01:42:49 PM »
I got to admit, CHAPMAN LAW is one of those schools that isn't all about numbers!  I was looking at LSN and noticed a person with a 149 and 2.7 gpa on the waitlist, which is much weaker than the other poster who was rejected (no offense to you)...It actually makes me smile to finally see a school that isn't so number orientated.

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=cassie417

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=IsuckAlot

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=j007b0nd6

I give my props to Chapman, for looking beyond just those silly numbers other schools are run by. ;D

kmpnj

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • law school numbers
    • Email
« Reply #104 on: January 23, 2006, 09:58:44 PM »
Still waiting on my Rutgers-Camden rejection.  I've been complete with them since Nov 28., and my index is only a 2.8 according to LSN.  Do they usually take this long rejecting people? 

matts720

• Sr. Citizen
  • Let's Go Nova!!!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - matts072083
    • View Profile
    • MySpace profile
    • Email
« Reply #105 on: January 23, 2006, 10:00:36 PM »
Still waiting on my Rutgers-Camden rejection.  I've been complete with them since Nov 28., and my index is only a 2.8 according to LSN.  Do they usually take this long rejecting people? 

They told me on the phone today that they still don't have my second LSAT score, even though the update went out at the end of last month.
Villanova 1L Class of 2009. Invading the Main Line in August.

pinkybella

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 23, 2006, 10:19:43 PM »
Watch out for small white envelopes from Hastings...Dinged today.  :-[

140am

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 24, 2006, 11:05:17 AM »

By the looks of LSN they have not sent out many decisions yet.  I got my app sent back for missing 3 questions (the stuff about being arrested or kicked out of school(none of which applied to me, btw :))), and then got a complete notice about a week after sending it back in.

jbs

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • my blog
« Reply #108 on: January 24, 2006, 12:04:51 PM »
i've applied to 13 schools.  lucky 13, eh?  not quite.  many of them were reaches and a few were even less likely  :D  anyway, 5 of the 13 have sent me rejections.  i'm out at depaul, loyola chicago, american, hastings, and as of today, fordham.  with my numbers none of these rejections comes as a surprise.  it would have been nice, however, if the rejections were interrupted with an acceptance or two.

oh well.  i'm still expecting my dings from ut, loyola la, and cardozo. 
"i don't know what you're afraid of
i don't know what you've heard
get up, come on, let's do something
dontcha wanna know the Word"

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=jbs

pinkybella

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 24, 2006, 12:08:55 PM »
i've applied to 13 schools.  lucky 13, eh?  not quite.  many of them were reaches and a few were even less likely  :D  anyway, 5 of the 13 have sent me rejections.  i'm out at depaul, loyola chicago, american, hastings, and as of today, fordham.  with my numbers none of these rejections comes as a surprise.  it would have been nice, however, if the rejections were interrupted with an acceptance or two.

oh well.  i'm still expecting my dings from ut, loyola la, and cardozo. 

You should have applied to more tier 4 as safeties...The only school on your list that I think you have a 100% shot of getting into in Golden Gate...McGeorge might have been good to apply to (their application is free) or Whittier, Cal Western, Thomas Jefferson etc