Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Rejections 05-06 Cycle  (Read 76002 times)

AH

• LSD Obsessed
  • but you're a hippo!
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
Re: Rejections 05-06 Cycle
« Reply #240 on: March 13, 2006, 12:02:22 AM »
It is official:

Came home two three rejections (two I was notified of beforehand, one new)
Pitt
W&L
UConn (FT and PT)

No happy news the whole time I was gone.  I am very, very sad about UConn.  Everyone else with my index was WLed- and I can't even make PT!!!  I am defective.  :'(
Quote from: Stanley James Watson III
I <3 AH.
the official gettin' busy poster of the OPC!
Official Realistic Numbers Holder of the Revolution
Quote from: Groundhog
honorary fellow LSD rodent.
www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=arhodg

latinlord

• Sr. Citizen
  • ME... Litigating at the Indiana State Court house!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - latinlord
    • View Profile
    • myspace profile, "come and say hello"
    • Email
« Reply #241 on: March 13, 2006, 12:21:54 AM »
It is official:

Came home two three rejections (two I was notified of beforehand, one new)
Pitt
W&L
UConn (FT and PT)

No happy news the whole time I was gone.  I am very, very sad about UConn.  Everyone else with my index was WLed- and I can't even make PT!!!  I am defective.  :'(

So sorry about UConn That is messed up!! Some schools just don't even deserve us!! Don't be sad, think about the positives you have. Espeically with the nice list of acceptances you get to choose from. Noticed that you are from Virginia, did you apply to any schools in your state?? Why not?
Graduated from Indiana Law - Indianapolis!!
Was a 3rd year Visiting Student at Villanova University School of Law.
Graduated from Temple University Beasley School of Law - LL.M in Trial Advocacy Candidate 2010
 Published by Chicano/Latino Law Review of UCLA LAW. & I'm a Licensed Esq. NOW!

AH

• LSD Obsessed
  • but you're a hippo!
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #242 on: March 13, 2006, 12:24:12 AM »
I applied to every school in my state except Appalachian and UVA (no desire to go if accepted and I knew there was no way in hell I would get into UVA anyway), so far I have been rejected from Mason and W&L, with no word from W&M and Richmond.  By the way things are going, I am not expcting any more good news.

BTW,  I am not from VA, but I have been a resident of the state for 3 years. :)
Quote from: Stanley James Watson III
I <3 AH.
the official gettin' busy poster of the OPC!
Official Realistic Numbers Holder of the Revolution
Quote from: Groundhog
honorary fellow LSD rodent.
www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=arhodg

Kittyl30

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #243 on: March 13, 2006, 02:59:28 AM »
aww AH i was rooting for you to get into Pitt i thought you had a good chance. but i'm sure you'll hear some GOOD news soon!
she says she's tired of life
everybody's tired of something..

Roxy

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - diegopiranha
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: March 13, 2006, 07:16:28 AM »
AH, that sux.

but, bad things seem to happen in threes...so you have that out of your system, opening up room for all good news this week!!

don't get down!
UVA '09

latinlord

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #245 on: March 13, 2006, 12:15:55 PM »
Rejected at Charlotte School of law. It was another new school like drexel. Usually I have seen the new anyway. Thats cool though, I don't even care. Just wanted you all to know if any of you guys applied there. Good luck this week.

I would like to share a few posts left to me from LSN. They are quite inspirational. I have heard that this week is a big week in admissions so reading these before the long week may give us some inspiration. I know it helped me in my sad times!! Buenas Suerte esta semaņa mis amigos!.....

Something you might want to know Monday December 26th 2005 3:29pm
Here is some inspiration for you:

"Jeffrey Collins was our keynote speaker at an event I attended over a year ago. He is a Howard Law alum, former judge and US Attorney. He said every law school in his home state rejected him because of a low LSAT score. He took the test again and did *worse*. Howard was the only school that would accept him because they chose to look beyond the LSAT. Later on, he actually *taught* at one of the law schools that rejected him."

Also here is a great prayer that kept me strong in the mist of denials...

`He hath said unto me, My power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore will I glory in my weaknesses, that the strength of Christ may rest upon me. Wherefore I take pleasure in weaknesses: for when I am weak, then am I strong.' -- 2 Cor. 12:9,10
Graduated from Temple University Beasley School of Law - LL.M in Trial Advocacy Candidate 2010

yoyos

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #246 on: March 13, 2006, 08:40:32 PM »
Rejected at Charlotte School of law. It was another new school like drexel. Usually I have seen the new anyway. Thats cool though, I don't even care. Just wanted you all to know if any of you guys applied there. Good luck this week.

I would like to share a few posts left to me from LSN. They are quite inspirational. I have heard that this week is a big week in admissions so reading these before the long week may give us some inspiration. I know it helped me in my sad times!! Buenas Suerte esta semaņa mis amigos!.....

Something you might want to know Monday December 26th 2005 3:29pm
Here is some inspiration for you:

"Jeffrey Collins was our keynote speaker at an event I attended over a year ago. He is a Howard Law alum, former judge and US Attorney. He said every law school in his home state rejected him because of a low LSAT score. He took the test again and did *worse*. Howard was the only school that would accept him because they chose to look beyond the LSAT. Later on, he actually *taught* at one of the law schools that rejected him."

Also here is a great prayer that kept me strong in the mist of denials...

`He hath said unto me, My power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore will I glory in my weaknesses, that the strength of Christ may rest upon me. Wherefore I take pleasure in weaknesses: for when I am weak, then am I strong.' -- 2 Cor. 12:9,10

thank u for that scripture. I know i needed to hear that and i have a few people who i know also need to hear it as well. :)

140am

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: March 13, 2006, 10:22:19 PM »
aww AH i was rooting for you to get into Pitt i thought you had a good chance. but i'm sure you'll hear some GOOD news soon!

that 'tar is hilarious :)

nikkity15

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #248 on: March 15, 2006, 11:03:04 AM »
Rejected at UC Davis, Regular admissions, not surprised....didn't turn in my app until late Jan 2006 :)

latinlord

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #249 on: March 15, 2006, 01:25:23 PM »
I just got dinged from Touro (eh it was a free application anyway) looks like i'm the first one on LSN! Just letting you all know that they are sending them out this week