Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Rejections 05-06 Cycle  (Read 76053 times)

Roxy

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - diegopiranha
    • View Profile
Re: Rejections 05-06 Cycle
« Reply #190 on: February 18, 2006, 02:09:08 PM »
no go at nyu... not a surprise and don't care b.c I cant handle city living, but a no is never fun, right?

UVA '09

cyberrev

« Reply #191 on: February 21, 2006, 06:21:22 PM »
ding at akron, which was totally expected

squilla

• Sr. Citizen
  • UW Fall '06
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #192 on: February 21, 2006, 06:32:44 PM »
Out at Urbana, letter dated the 15th

doubleloseven

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #193 on: February 21, 2006, 10:02:12 PM »
out at UW, letter dated 17th

Army2Law

• View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #194 on: February 22, 2006, 07:10:48 AM »
Out at Illinois.  After sitting on "hold" for the past few weeks received a rejection letter dated the 15th.  I am not too disappointed, I was about to withdraw anyway.  Honest I was.... ;D

140am

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: February 22, 2006, 11:55:28 AM »
Is it safe to call yesterday "Black Tuesday?" Or at least "Gray Tuesday?" It seems like a lot of dings came in yesterday.

If we're calling it that, I won't complain so much about only getting an unsolicted viewbook from a school I didn't apply to yesterday.

latinlord

• Sr. Citizen
  • ME... Litigating at the Indiana State Court house!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - latinlord
    • View Profile
    • myspace profile, "come and say hello"
    • Email
« Reply #196 on: February 22, 2006, 07:26:05 PM »
Dinged at the other Rutgers school I applied to Camden. I don't really care that much anymore b/c I already got an incredible acceptance to Indiana U- Indianapolis. The only schools on my list that I would go instead would be Villanova or Dickinson. Rutgers too, but they dinged me, so they are over with. I'm still happy today I don't really care about rejections as much anymore b/c I got what I wanted my first acceptance to a great law school. Gracias a Dios!!  ;D ;D
Graduated from Indiana Law - Indianapolis!!
Was a 3rd year Visiting Student at Villanova University School of Law.
Graduated from Temple University Beasley School of Law - LL.M in Trial Advocacy Candidate 2010
 Published by Chicano/Latino Law Review of UCLA LAW. & I'm a Licensed Esq. NOW!

cyberrev

« Reply #197 on: February 22, 2006, 07:43:18 PM »
Is it safe to call yesterday "Black Tuesday?" Or at least "Gray Tuesday?" It seems like a lot of dings came in yesterday.

If we're calling it that, I won't complain so much about only getting an unsolicted viewbook from a school I didn't apply to yesterday.

Heh. To rub salt in the wound yesterday (Baylor's rejection letter is really stupid -- something along the lines of, "your LSAT and GPA suck, and, on top of that, everything else about you sucks, too, compared to the saints and scholars we have admitted to our hellacious law program"), I got a packet from Barry inviting me to apply. Whenever I think of Barry Law, I think of the crackhead former mayor of D.C.

So, not only am I not good enough for the Baptists, the only place that thinks I'm good enough for them is the place that conjures images of a guy taking hits of gnarly drugs off a light bulb.

me too!  the barry quote, anyways.

buddy youre good enough for this baptist  :)

posnerd

• Sr. Citizen
  • f' off Dworkin
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 22, 2006, 11:25:21 PM »

That ain't right.  They've been giving scholarships out to applicants with your index.  Yield protect, The WhiteMaleHistory quota is filled, or you didn't give them a compelling application?  Just curious.

squilla

• Sr. Citizen
  • UW Fall '06
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #199 on: February 23, 2006, 01:09:47 AM »

That ain't right.  They've been giving scholarships out to applicants with your index.  Yield protect, The WhiteMaleHistory quota is filled, or you didn't give them a compelling application?  Just curious.

Well the same app got me into W&L .. I suspect they are trying to up their lsat average, but I thought I would at least get on a wait list.