Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Rejections 05-06 Cycle  (Read 74338 times)

latinlord

• Sr. Citizen
  • ME... Litigating at the Indiana State Court house!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - latinlord
    • View Profile
    • myspace profile, "come and say hello"
    • Email
Re: Rejections 05-06 Cycle
« Reply #120 on: January 26, 2006, 04:40:02 PM »

I think its because I voted for John Kerry

I think I made a serious mistake when I joined lawschoolnumbers by using my real name as my username. I had my school preferences ranked and both Chapman and Texas Southern were at the bottom. I dont know if it had anything to do with the rejections but I have decided to change my profile so it cant be identified by the adcomms. I can see why a school would want to reject someone with higher than normal numbers for their averages if they are the last of the applicant's choices.
[/quote]

Are you serious?! Man that makes me a little nervous, Maybe I should mess around with my profile to make it seems a little bit more unanimous. ?!! What do you all think??
Graduated from Indiana Law - Indianapolis!!
Was a 3rd year Visiting Student at Villanova University School of Law.
Graduated from Temple University Beasley School of Law - LL.M in Trial Advocacy Candidate 2010
 Published by Chicano/Latino Law Review of UCLA LAW. & I'm a Licensed Esq. NOW!

kruddler

• Sr. Citizen
  • Lubbock.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #121 on: January 26, 2006, 04:50:08 PM »
Are you serious?! Man that makes me a little nervous, Maybe I should mess around with my profile to make it seems a little bit more unanimous. ?!! What do you all think??

Anonymity is preferable to unanimity in your situation.
GPA: Ha! LSAT: Meh
Attending Texas Tech fall '06

SuzyQ06

• Sr. Citizen
  • I spy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 26, 2006, 05:13:58 PM »
Dinged by UH today...my first rejection ever

latinlord

• Sr. Citizen
  • ME... Litigating at the Indiana State Court house!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - latinlord
    • View Profile
    • myspace profile, "come and say hello"
    • Email
« Reply #123 on: January 26, 2006, 10:40:32 PM »

Anonymity is preferable to unanimity in your situation.

SH*t yea your right, I don't know what i was thinking on that one. I type to fast for my mind sometimes.
Graduated from Indiana Law - Indianapolis!!
Was a 3rd year Visiting Student at Villanova University School of Law.
Graduated from Temple University Beasley School of Law - LL.M in Trial Advocacy Candidate 2010
 Published by Chicano/Latino Law Review of UCLA LAW. & I'm a Licensed Esq. NOW!

SuzyQ06

• Sr. Citizen
  • I spy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 26, 2006, 10:43:53 PM »
rejected via email? thats kind of low class in my opinion

No, I just never got the "Congratulations!" email that all the acceptees got by the deadline in my status check on the UH website.  So when I had no email by the 25th, I knew I'd get a snail mail rejection.

jbs

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • my blog
« Reply #125 on: January 28, 2006, 09:27:16 AM »
i've applied to 13 schools.  lucky 13, eh?  not quite.  many of them were reaches and a few were even less likely  :D  anyway, 5 of the 13 have sent me rejections.  i'm out at depaul, loyola chicago, american, hastings, and as of today, fordham.  with my numbers none of these rejections comes as a surprise.  it would have been nice, however, if the rejections were interrupted with an acceptance or two.

oh well.  i'm still expecting my dings from ut, loyola la, and cardozo. 

There are  a lot of schools you could apply to in NYC or close to it that are in your league. Touro is the first one that comes to mind, but I know there are  adecent amount more. Good luck though either way.

thanks for the info.

i'm going to see what comes of the apps i have out right now.   i have a back up list in case of emergency but i'm hoping i won't need to use it.
"i don't know what you're afraid of
i don't know what you've heard
get up, come on, let's do something
dontcha wanna know the Word"

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=jbs

140am

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 28, 2006, 11:23:25 AM »
i've applied to 13 schools.  lucky 13, eh?  not quite.  many of them were reaches and a few were even less likely  :D  anyway, 5 of the 13 have sent me rejections.  i'm out at depaul, loyola chicago, american, hastings, and as of today, fordham.  with my numbers none of these rejections comes as a surprise.  it would have been nice, however, if the rejections were interrupted with an acceptance or two.

There are  a lot of schools you could apply to in NYC or close to it that are in your league. Touro is the first one that comes to mind, but I know there are  adecent amount more. Good luck though either way.

thanks for the info.

i'm going to see what comes of the apps i have out right now.   i have a back up list in case of emergency but i'm hoping i won't need to use it.

That's a good thing to have, I sort of had one last year.  My only advice would be to start using it now, not later -- applying late in a cycle works at some places, but not everywhere.

Capt. Nick

• The pain is great.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 28, 2006, 11:46:04 AM »
Let me get everyone caught up with the cycle for the Captain so far...
Maryland, dated 1-6-06
DePaul, dated 1-19-06

Maryland was a waste of fee from the start but I didn't expect it from DePaul.
In: Widener, Pace, Drexel, U Balt., Southwestern, Quinnipiac
Out: U MD, DePaul, Loyola-Chicago & LA, Temple, American, Seton Hall, Chicago, Pepperdine, RU-Camden, Chicago-Kent
Waitlist: Catholic, Hofstra, Chapman
To go: 3 + 1
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=CaptNick

jbs

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • my blog
« Reply #128 on: January 28, 2006, 01:42:01 PM »

thanks for the info.

That's a good thing to have, I sort of had one last year.  My only advice would be to start using it now, not later -- applying late in a cycle works at some places, but not everywhere.

i may send something out to cali western this week.  i just need to do more research on the school because i don't know much about them.  my interests lie predominantly with public interest, constitutional, and int'l/human rights.  i need to see what some of these other schools offer in terms of those areas.
"i don't know what you're afraid of
i don't know what you've heard
get up, come on, let's do something
dontcha wanna know the Word"

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=jbs

ScreamingInfidelities

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 28, 2006, 04:34:29 PM »
Ding at Temple. A little bit of sting since its my first one.