Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Rejections 05-06 Cycle  (Read 73800 times)

jbs

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • my blog
Re: Rejections 05-06 Cycle
« Reply #110 on: January 24, 2006, 02:00:21 PM »
i've applied to 13 schools.  lucky 13, eh?  not quite.  many of them were reaches and a few were even less likely  :D  anyway, 5 of the 13 have sent me rejections.  i'm out at depaul, loyola chicago, american, hastings, and as of today, fordham.  with my numbers none of these rejections comes as a surprise.  it would have been nice, however, if the rejections were interrupted with an acceptance or two.

oh well.  i'm still expecting my dings from ut, loyola la, and cardozo. 

You should have applied to more tier 4 as safeties...The only school on your list that I think you have a 100% shot of getting into in Golden Gate...McGeorge might have been good to apply to (their application is free) or Whittier, Cal Western, Thomas Jefferson etc

i'm waiting to see what happens with these applications.  what made choosing schools so difficult was location.  there are only a few cities i would be interested in living in...SF, LA, and NY are pretty much it.  Here's to hoping...
"i don't know what you're afraid of
i don't know what you've heard
get up, come on, let's do something
dontcha wanna know the Word"

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=jbs

flydog

« Reply #111 on: January 24, 2006, 08:14:54 PM »
Texas Southern - Denied LOL

Skeptic

• Sr. Citizen
  • I need Radiohead tickets for show in L.A.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 24, 2006, 08:39:09 PM »

i don't want to come off rude, but you've been denied at 2 schools you should have been accepted to.  Do you think there is anything wrong with your application?  Did you not edit your PS, get good letters of rec.? 

Tulane1L

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 24, 2006, 08:41:44 PM »

Wow that's random....

Did you start off your personal statement with "Since I didn't get into medical school..."

At least you are in at Denver - law school + skiing?  sweet deal!

flydog

« Reply #114 on: January 24, 2006, 10:44:41 PM »

i don't want to come off rude, but you've been denied at 2 schools you should have been accepted to.  Do you think there is anything wrong with your application?  Did you not edit your PS, get good letters of rec.? 

I think its because I voted for John Kerry

My personal statement and resume were highly edited, reviewed, and proofread over a period of 4 months. I should have been able to write my PS in crayon and get into Texas Southern. I have been out of school for over 10 years so my recommendations were from fellow CEOs and extremely good in my opinion.

I think I made a serious mistake when I joined lawschoolnumbers by using my real name as my username. I had my school preferences ranked and both Chapman and Texas Southern were at the bottom. I dont know if it had anything to do with the rejections but I have decided to change my profile so it cant be identified by the adcomms. I can see why a school would want to reject someone with higher than normal numbers for their averages if they are the last of the applicant's choices.

I am happy about being admitted to Denver and plan to frame my Texas Southern rejection letter and hang it next to my diploma in 4 years.

kruddler

• Sr. Citizen
  • Lubbock.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #115 on: January 25, 2006, 10:27:45 AM »

This is a joke, right?

TSU keeps asking me to send them my certification letter. Like I'm going to waste a stamp so I can get a decision from quite possibly one of the worst law schools in the United States.
GPA: Ha! LSAT: Meh
Attending Texas Tech fall '06

flydog

« Reply #116 on: January 25, 2006, 11:36:08 AM »

This is a joke, right?

TSU keeps asking me to send them my certification letter. Like I'm going to waste a stamp so I can get a decision from quite possibly one of the worst law schools in the United States.

Nope. Not a joke. I did not send in a certification letter but they told me my file was complete.

cyberrev

« Reply #117 on: January 25, 2006, 11:40:33 AM »

This is a joke, right?

Nope. Not a joke. I did not send in a certification letter but they told me my file was complete.

that's crazy.

what do you fly, btw?  i flew backseat f4's and trainer f16's, but my eyesight disqualified me from pilot training, even with a perfect score on the afoqt.  boooo.

i'm waiting on texas tech myself, but my index is .1 lower than yours so i expect a flat-out rejection

Skeptic

• Sr. Citizen
  • I need Radiohead tickets for show in L.A.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 25, 2006, 01:42:43 PM »

I think its because I voted for John Kerry

My personal statement and resume were highly edited, reviewed, and proofread over a period of 4 months. I should have been able to write my PS in crayon and get into Texas Southern. I have been out of school for over 10 years so my recommendations were from fellow CEOs and extremely good in my opinion.

I think I made a serious mistake when I joined lawschoolnumbers by using my real name as my username. I had my school preferences ranked and both Chapman and Texas Southern were at the bottom. I dont know if it had anything to do with the rejections but I have decided to change my profile so it cant be identified by the adcomms. I can see why a school would want to reject someone with higher than normal numbers for their averages if they are the last of the applicant's choices.

I am happy about being admitted to Denver and plan to frame my Texas Southern rejection letter and hang it next to my diploma in 4 years.

that's awkward, though im glad you are going to a better school  :)

latinlord

• Sr. Citizen
  • ME... Litigating at the Indiana State Court house!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - latinlord
    • View Profile
    • myspace profile, "come and say hello"
    • Email
« Reply #119 on: January 26, 2006, 04:36:57 PM »
i've applied to 13 schools.  lucky 13, eh?  not quite.  many of them were reaches and a few were even less likely  :D  anyway, 5 of the 13 have sent me rejections.  i'm out at depaul, loyola chicago, american, hastings, and as of today, fordham.  with my numbers none of these rejections comes as a surprise.  it would have been nice, however, if the rejections were interrupted with an acceptance or two.

oh well.  i'm still expecting my dings from ut, loyola la, and cardozo. 

There are  a lot of schools you could apply to in NYC or close to it that are in your league. Touro is the first one that comes to mind, but I know there are  adecent amount more. Good luck though either way.
Graduated from Indiana Law - Indianapolis!!
Was a 3rd year Visiting Student at Villanova University School of Law.
Graduated from Temple University Beasley School of Law - LL.M in Trial Advocacy Candidate 2010
 Published by Chicano/Latino Law Review of UCLA LAW. & I'm a Licensed Esq. NOW!