Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Acceptances 05-06 Cycle  (Read 147516 times)

Army2Law

• View Profile
    • My Blog
Long Time No Hear
« Reply #830 on: January 28, 2006, 02:15:01 PM »
Hey everyone,

It has been awhile since I posted...congratulations to all those who are receiving acceptances.  I thought that I would give everyone an update on how things are going.

Accepted: Ave Maria ($$$), Case Western, MSU, IUPUI, Toledo (Full Ride), Wayne State, Pitt, Richmond, UofMN.
Waitlisted: UofWI
Deferred: UofIL
Withdrawn: Loyola, Chicago-Kent, Hamline (Full Ride), NIU, St. Thomas -MSP, Cooley, Cincinnati, Dayton ($$$), Detroit Mercy, Valpo ($$$), William Mitchell, Marquette
Rejected: UofMI, OSU
Pending: UVA, W&M, Penn State, ND

Anyway, I visited Minneapolis this past weekend and I must say I was impressed with the city.  The three schools I visited were all impressive in their own way.  I spent all day Friday at the University of Minnesota where I chatted with the admissions folks, sat in a criminal law class, and had lunch with a 2L and a 3L.  I spend Saturday morning at William Mitchell.  Even though they lacked the personal touch of "the U" it had it's own merits.  Since there was nothing scheduled at Hamline, I was walked through the school by a buddy of mine who is working on a PhD at the school.  The number one complaint I hear about Minneapolis is the cold; I don't mind the cold, as I am from upper michigan.

Overall, despite the offer of scholarship money for Hamline my wife and I decided that IF we decide to move to Minneapolis I would attend "the U".  If anyone has specific questions about my visit feel free to email me: Army2Law@gmail.com

tmc123

• View Profile
Re: Acceptances 05-06 Cycle
« Reply #831 on: January 28, 2006, 02:15:27 PM »
In at American today.
UVA '09

tmc123

• View Profile
Re: Long Time No Hear
« Reply #832 on: January 28, 2006, 02:20:43 PM »
Hey everyone,

It has been awhile since I posted...congratulations to all those who are receiving acceptances.  I thought that I would give everyone an update on how things are going.

Accepted: Ave Maria ($$$), Case Western, MSU, IUPUI, Toledo (Full Ride), Wayne State, Pitt, Richmond, UofMN.
Waitlisted: UofWI
Deferred: UofIL
Withdrawn: Loyola, Chicago-Kent, Hamline (Full Ride), NIU, St. Thomas -MSP, Cooley, Cincinnati, Dayton ($$$), Detroit Mercy, Valpo ($$$), William Mitchell, Marquette
Rejected: UofMI, OSU
Pending: UVA, W&M, Penn State, ND

Anyway, I visited Minneapolis this past weekend and I must say I was impressed with the city.  The three schools I visited were all impressive in their own way.  I spent all day Friday at the University of Minnesota where I chatted with the admissions folks, sat in a criminal law class, and had lunch with a 2L and a 3L.  I spend Saturday morning at William Mitchell.  Even though they lacked the personal touch of "the U" it had it's own merits.  Since there was nothing scheduled at Hamline, I was walked through the school by a buddy of mine who is working on a PhD at the school.  The number one complaint I hear about Minneapolis is the cold; I don't mind the cold, as I am from upper michigan.

Overall, despite the offer of scholarship money for Hamline my wife and I decided that IF we decide to move to Minneapolis I would attend "the U".  If anyone has specific questions about my visit feel free to email me: Army2Law@gmail.com

Did you ask them about the annual Law School musical put on by TORT (Theater of the relatively talentless)?

http://www.law.umn.edu/prospective/musical.html

If I go there I will definately take part in the musical.

UVA '09

tmc123

• View Profile
« Reply #833 on: January 28, 2006, 02:36:46 PM »
What was FSU ranked last year, BTW? I applied there over UF because I knew it was up and coming and felt that it had the potential to make it to tier 1 by the time I graduated.  Ultimately I'm not going to go there because I don't want to stay in Florida, but FSU just impresses me more than UF does.

I couldn't find last years rankings, but if I remember correctly FSU moved up about 10 spots.
UVA '09

Army2Law

• View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: Long Time No Hear
« Reply #834 on: January 28, 2006, 02:41:04 PM »

Did you ask them about the annual Law School musical put on by TORT (Theater of the relatively talentless)?

http://www.law.umn.edu/prospective/musical.html

If I go there I will definately take part in the musical.

No, that actually did not cross my mind.  But if I go there I will look into it  ;D

queencruella

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: January 28, 2006, 03:10:37 PM »
What was FSU ranked last year, BTW? I applied there over UF because I knew it was up and coming and felt that it had the potential to make it to tier 1 by the time I graduated.  Ultimately I'm not going to go there because I don't want to stay in Florida, but FSU just impresses me more than UF does.

I couldn't find last years rankings, but if I remember correctly FSU moved up about 10 spots.

Thanks- that's a significant move. 

bruinbro

• Sr. Citizen
  • B-Blitz
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: January 28, 2006, 03:16:43 PM »
In at Cornell! Regular decision, complete 12/8. Dated January 25 and it came in a small-ish packet. I had a great time at GULC and now I get another acceptance, things are looking real good right now.

Congrats. Cornell is amazing.
In: Case Western ($$), IU-B ($$), USD ($$), Pitt ($$), Iowa, Wisconsin , George Mason ($), Loyola-LA ($$), UC-Davis, UIUC ($), American, Tulane ($$),GW
Out: Notre Dame,BC,WUSTL,Cornell,W&L

piggy-buttercup

• Sr. Citizen
  • hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: January 28, 2006, 07:54:15 PM »
congrats!  :)

In at Cornell! Regular decision, complete 12/8. Dated January 25 and it came in a small-ish packet. I had a great time at GULC and now I get another acceptance, things are looking real good right now.

Congrats. Cornell is amazing.

JGRAD

• View Profile
« Reply #838 on: January 29, 2006, 12:29:31 AM »
Univeristy of Iowa 12-29-2005.   Only one so far...Waiting to hear from UCLA and USC.

StepUpT0theMike

« Reply #839 on: January 29, 2006, 01:43:38 PM »
Yesterday: In to the JD part of the JD/MA in Int'l Affairs dual degree program at American.