Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Acceptances 05-06 Cycle  (Read 147753 times)

bloomich

Re: Acceptances 05-06 Cycle
« Reply #60 on: November 18, 2005, 07:03:08 PM »
make sure to start a new thread when you get accepted to a new school!

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• Sr. Citizen
  • Back to my non-secret secret identity...
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 21, 2005, 10:15:07 AM »
For what it's worth, someone on LSN is reporting a Harvard acceptance.  It looks fairly plausible: http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=g

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 21, 2005, 10:21:51 AM »
For what it's worth, someone on LSN is reporting a Harvard acceptance.  It looks fairly plausible: http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=g

what, you're saying his almost perfect everything has something to do with his acceptance?! ::)

Actually I was referring to the timing seeming right.  People on this board, myself included, tend to be suspicious of recently created accounts and generally those who don't spend five hours a day on LSD.  But, yeah, I'm sure those stats couldn't have hurt.

EDIT: it does seem a little odd that they're the first person to have gotten into NYU as well as the first to get into HLS, considering that NYU hasn't historically sent out any acceptances this early.  But I'm just overanalyzing because the two days before Thanksgiving break are painfully dull at my office.

aac2022

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: November 21, 2005, 11:29:30 AM »
It seems very suspicious to me.  We have quite a few people from NYC here that haven't heard from NYU yet.  They're not really know for sending out one letter at a time.  Of course, I have to go run and check my mail.
Accepted: GULC, Harvard, Michigan, NYU, Penn, Chicago, Columbia
Denied: Stanford
Waitlisted: Yale

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=aac2022

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 21, 2005, 11:48:51 AM »
Seriously, you get your Ph.D. in liberal arts because you want to be a professor.  It's the only real job opening for that specific terminal degree.  (A few are lucky enough to wind up in publishing, but that's relatively rare.)

I suppose they could have changed their mind.

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 21, 2005, 11:55:07 AM »
Seriously, you get your Ph.D. in liberal arts because you want to be a professor.  It's the only real job opening for that specific terminal degree.  (A few are lucky enough to wind up in publishing, but that's relatively rare.)

Yeah, but being a prof is the sweetest job in the world...Why would you want to be a lawyer?

Trying to find a tenure-track position, especially if you have a relationship or something that constrains you in terms of location, sounds potentially very  difficult/stressful.

KT

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 21, 2005, 11:57:49 AM »

Yeah, but being a prof is the sweetest job in the world...Why would you want to be a lawyer?

why don't you do it then?
Lovers: Washington and Lee, Georgetown, UVA, Duke, NYU, Columbia, Chicago, Berkeley!
Haters: Michigan, Stanford, Harvard

My new boyfriend: Virginia!

viridianx

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - viridianx
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #67 on: November 21, 2005, 03:33:45 PM »
Got a call from the dean of admissions for Boalt telling me I'm in.  I think he was going down a list, so I expect others have gotten a similar call.
Attending: UPENN!!!

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 21, 2005, 03:35:09 PM »
Got a call from the dean of admissions for Boalt telling me I'm in.  I think he was going down a list, so I expect others have gotten a similar call.

Congrats!

practiceboy02

• Sr. Citizen
  • Still misbehaving in law school
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 21, 2005, 03:36:30 PM »
Congrats, viridian.  You and I went complete the same day, but I haven't heard a peep.  This just confirms my suspicion that Boalt is not all that impressed with my file :(