Law School Discussion

edit.

Re: STILL incomplete at Harvard and Stanford???
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2005, 03:37:40 PM »
Yeah, I've been complete at Yale for a few days.

EDIT: Actually, it's been almost two weeks. Damn, where's the semester going?

TXcal

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2005, 04:06:57 PM »
Hrm this is very strange, I'm incomplete at S + H as well, although I sent my stuff in near the end of October so thats not surprising.

Here is the thing though...S + H both requested my LSDAS report within 24 hours of my application.

My comment really only pertains to S though...I may be wrong but I think they scan the application for your LSAT score and request quickly/slowly based on that?

Anyone else have similar/contradicting thoughts?

stanford still hasn't requested my report...so unfortunately i don't think it's based on lsat :(

Yeah, your case makes the inconsistent report requests inexplicable to me...  If it's not numbers, maybe it's LORs or Dean's Cert(s)?

Steve.jd

• I'm edumacated now, still not photogenic though
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2005, 05:49:56 PM »
They won't see LORs until they request a report...Dean's Certs are possible but not likely so I've never even met my Dean, how good could it be?

Perhaps its the PS? They see that I beleive?

« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2005, 07:45:14 AM »
I double checked with Stanford about my report and they told me not to worry unless another week goes by and they haven't requested it.  So I'm going with that plan.  I think it might be Dean's Cert (i.e. they request report after getting the Dean's Cert or your app, whichever happens later).  That would make sense to me.

« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2005, 08:28:31 AM »
Does Harvard notify you by email that they have received your app? My LSDAS report was sent to them on 10/28 but I still haven't gotten an email that even says they have received my app and will notify me when it is complete.

k180

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2005, 08:36:50 AM »
i believe they inform you that you're complete by e-mail.  last year they started doing this around Nov. 15 and acceptance letters came in the mail shortly after.

« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2005, 09:38:08 AM »
I got an email from Stanford telling me I'm complete about 2 weeks after I sent everything to LSAC, and I sent in my app on october 24.  I know for a fact that my dean's cert was there already, and all my recommenders had submitted their stuff, etc., so it was pretty simple for me to be complete.  Hope this helps. 

curly

• I'm sexy
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2005, 01:20:42 PM »
HARVAAARD just emailed me to let me know I'm complete. My very last one. Said it might take them 2 months to get it done, but LSN says they started sending acceptances as quickly as a week after "complete" notices. Yikes.

BTW, for those wondering, they requested my report 10-19.

jeb240

« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2005, 01:33:00 PM »
Has anyone heard from Harvard or Stanford who took the LSAT for the first time this October?  I don't mind people who applied after me who already had LSAC reports ready going complete before me.

But people who applied after me who took the LSAT for the first time in Oct and therefore had reports ready when I did and now going complete at schools I'm still waiting to hear from is frustrating.

TXcal

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2005, 01:51:44 PM »
Haven't received the HLS e-mail yet, but am complete at Stanford and took the Oct 05 LSAT.