Law School Discussion

What does LSDAS do with apps that aren't sent?

What does LSDAS do with apps that aren't sent?
« on: November 05, 2005, 12:07:26 AM »
I am taking a year off before applying to law school but I wanted to fill the apps out now to get them out of the way. I'm assuming this will present some sort of problem since the apps change from year to year for some schools. But if I were to fill them out and just let them sit there what would LSDAS do with them?

Similarly, could I have my LORs and transcripts be sent now, or do I have to wait until the season I'm actually applying?

jeb240

Re: What does LSDAS do with apps that aren't sent?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2005, 03:13:35 AM »
Because your LSAC account is valid for 5 years (I think), I imagine the LORs and transcripts and stuff stay there, if only because if you end up reapplying there is no point in you sending that stuff to them again.

BUT I COULD BE TOTALLY WRONG ABOUT THAT.

What I am almost certain of is that on June 30th LSAC purges all of the applications in its system, so your application won't stay.

Moreover, because the apps change from year to year, even if they didn't purge them, you would still have to input the data again into the new apps because it seems like a rather stupid thing to think law schools won't look unfavorably on someone who sends last year's applications and you don't want to start the reviewing of your application off on the wrong foot.  At the same time, the essay questions don't so much change, so if you can get started on your essays now then you can be ready to apply by the first date of all of your schools next year and join in on the isanity right at the beginning.

Fun.

HairMetalRulz

• its 5 o clock somewhere
    • View Profile
Re: What does LSDAS do with apps that aren't sent?
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2005, 08:13:33 AM »
I can speak to this because I applied in the fall 2003 cycle and am now applying again.  Its actually been quite cool, because LSDAS kept transcripts and LORs on file.  All that stuff was taken care of.  I was able to make one of my LORs inactive and sent in a new one.  The actual applications were not saved. 

Now, I'm only hoping to get the same acceptances that I got back in 03.  Oh well, we'll see what happens.

Hope this helps