Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Survey of those with 170+  (Read 5695 times)

corky

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Survey of those with 170+
« Reply #50 on: November 08, 2005, 06:53:41 PM »
Wish I had done that. I kept getting distracted by the little noises everyone was making.
HLS '09

skaiserbrown

« Reply #51 on: November 08, 2005, 06:59:30 PM »
the one problem with studying that way is you're much more prone to actual interruptions by people than if you were studying alone. so it can screw with you're timing.

or maybe that's just me, the only coffee shop i go to is frequented by friends.

corky

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 08, 2005, 08:40:47 PM »
No, you're not the only one.  I would go to the library to study and people would come by and want to see what I was doing and grill me about plans.
HLS '09

12(e)

• LSD Obsessed
  • Where's your towel?
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 09, 2005, 10:08:26 AM »
I've gotten the impression (simply from anecdotal evidence) that if you're scoring below a 165 (approximately) on your diagnostic tests, a prep class will really help, but if you're scoring around 170, then it's not likely to improve your score more than self-study. 

Once again, this statement is not based on any hard facts, so please feel free to correct me.
your stupid                                                 
My What?

justGem

• Sr. Citizen
  • Let them eat cake!
    • View Profile
    • when i need a laugh
« Reply #54 on: November 09, 2005, 11:01:45 AM »
This thread has been really helpful. I got major anxiety about a month and a half before the test date and decided to role in a class. The thing that you can never tell before signing up is who the class is geared toward.  Had I known that it was a "For Dummies" class then I wouldve opted out.  My issue was not correctly answering the questions, my issue was all about the time factor.  The course was a big waste of money and by the end my head was flooded with so much inapplicable advice that my score went down 5-7 points on my diagnostics compared to when I had been doing self study.  I have returned to the self study method for December prep and things are looking up. 

chrisfield

• Sr. Citizen
  • Texas Tech ---> Fall 2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 09, 2005, 11:24:18 AM »
Where I can get free answers to previously administered LSAT's so I can know why I missed the questions I missed?

Thanks.

Steve.jd

• LSD Obsessed
  • I'm edumacated now, still not photogenic though
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 15, 2005, 11:08:36 PM »
You can't get free answers...

You can buy the LSAC superprep book for 28 and that has solutions to three exams

You can also pay for Kaplan/Testmasters/Powerscore whatever course, and they will provide their unofficial (although pretty good) solutions to you for all the tests

I went the superprep way!

Self study all the way!
HLS '09

Groundhog

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 16, 2005, 12:47:44 AM »
Any ideas for studying besides courses for someone who's started around 170? I'm planning on self-study, as well as doing all available LSAT problems-any particular books for someone who needs help on high-end logic games and speed and just needs perfection, not general tips?

SolarysBlue

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 16, 2005, 03:38:16 PM »
Try the famous john galt (the original from the old PR board) study guide. It has his method plus a couple of others putting there info down too. John Galt LSD put it down on one of the old threads a few months ago if you can find it. You can try googling mobiusnu, it may still pop up. These people were practically hitting 177 ave.

Groundhog

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 16, 2005, 03:41:43 PM »
Having difficulty finding it...