Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Salary Negotiation  (Read 2850 times)

lex19

Re: Salary Negotiation
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2005, 10:30:48 PM »
see that's why ppl don't like you, that's childish and uncalled for ruskie...before i thought ppl were just being mean to you but now it's evident that you're WACK and a piece of cow dung

LittleRussianPrincess, Esq.

• Sr. Citizen
  • Hopelessly devoted...to the Tennessee Vols!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2005, 10:38:00 PM »
see that's why ppl don't like you, that's childish and uncalled for ruskie...before i thought ppl were just being mean to you but now it's evident that you're WACK and a piece of cow dung

wow, and you're calling me immature! you're the one that has resorted to calling people names.

all i did was point out that blk has requested that i not speak to her and yet she insists on contradicting my every post on this board.  i found that to be inconsistent with her request and i pointed that out to her.

both of you, on the other hand, chose to attack me about something my mother said -- an issue that has no relevance to the discussion at hand.  so, basically, this is where you resorted to once again insulting me because you don't agree with my views. 
Russian by birth, Southern by the grace of God.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2005, 10:41:16 PM »
really, ladies, i am quite tired of these school-yard attacks.  please find a better passtime than using me as the scapegoat for all your troubles.

and blk, please come to terms with the fact that someone very close to you (probably to this day) was the one who posted that *&^% about you.  i had neither the motive nor the time. 

lex19

« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2005, 10:43:31 PM »
ruskie you're wack b/c you save im's which is just ridiculous and means you prbably resend them to other people to do God knows what, and yes i resorted to name calling b/c it fits, now as far as your signature goes, who's mom says they're a sex anything??? that's just weird and your bad since you posted it for all to see

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2005, 10:45:34 PM »
who's mom says they're a sex anything??? that's just weird and your bad since you posted it for all to see

i believe the word you are looking for is "whose."  "who's" is a contraction for "who is."

and to answer your question, the kind of mom that has a great relationship with her daughter.

lex19

« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2005, 10:47:11 PM »
oh thanks so much for that correction, now you might want to look up the legal term you threw at me earlier...and i don't care how great your relationship is, it's still weird
who's mom says they're a sex anything??? that's just weird and your bad since you posted it for all to see

i believe the word you are looking for is "whose."  "who's" is a contraction for "who is."

and to answer your question, the kind of mom that has a great relationship with her daughter.

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2005, 10:48:50 PM »
hmm when does "what is a sexbomb?"with a confusion smiley... translate to ATTACK...

Ruskie you are not a victim...at least not from my hands..

I didn't request that u not speak to me.. in fact I got booted before that conversation completed... I requested that you not ask others about me..there's a huge difference between those two statements..

Ruskie who cares about that post? I mean really who's sitting back talking about that other than you? I don't care who did it...it's done...people that are "very close to me" do not post on this board...

We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

Lawprofessor

• Sr. Citizen
  • Pony Up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2005, 12:00:18 AM »
That assumes that the employer finds everyone (or at least someone else) who is seeking employment with that employer equally desirable.  I negotiated my salary as a law professor and there are MANY other people who are in the market, who I am sure would have taken the original offer.  Also, NO employer comes out the box with their best offer.

I think you're right in that law professors can negotiate salaries, but that probably has to do with the fact that there is a wider range of qualifications involved than in entry-level non-academic positions.  

Of course no one comes out with their best offer, but even the richest firms would laugh in your face if you tried to negotiate your salary with them for an entry-level position.  

I think no one would laugh in your face if you try to negotiate your salary with a firm or anyone else.  I think it is all in how you do it.  In addition, it is easier to negotiate in any position if you have more than one offer.

like i already said, LP.... :D

i don't have the sense of entitlement that many of my peers in this profession do.  *&^%, i think 2400/week is too much for the level of expertise i will have as a rising 3L.  i take my money and run! :P

I would take the 2400 if that was all I thought I could get. ;D
Back in the saddle again.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2005, 12:01:58 AM »
That assumes that the employer finds everyone (or at least someone else) who is seeking employment with that employer equally desirable.  I negotiated my salary as a law professor and there are MANY other people who are in the market, who I am sure would have taken the original offer.  Also, NO employer comes out the box with their best offer.

I think you're right in that law professors can negotiate salaries, but that probably has to do with the fact that there is a wider range of qualifications involved than in entry-level non-academic positions.  

Of course no one comes out with their best offer, but even the richest firms would laugh in your face if you tried to negotiate your salary with them for an entry-level position.  

I think no one would laugh in your face if you try to negotiate your salary with a firm or anyone else.  I think it is all in how you do it.  In addition, it is easier to negotiate in any position if you have more than one offer.

like i already said, LP.... :D

i don't have the sense of entitlement that many of my peers in this profession do.  sh*t, i think 2400/week is too much for the level of expertise i will have as a rising 3L.  i take my money and run! :P

I would take the 2400 if that was all I thought I could get. ;D

do law profs get more than that?

Lawprofessor

• Sr. Citizen
  • Pony Up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2005, 12:02:10 AM »
Back in the saddle again.