Law School Discussion

« on: November 03, 2005, 02:35:43 PM »

Re: 3.5/163 Where should I apply?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2005, 02:45:01 PM »
Well you haven't listed any particular choices, so if your question is simply "Would I get in to better schools if I got better stats?" then the answer is yes....... I'd ask that you throw the names of your top choices our way & you'll get some more constructive info.

TheGunner

• Seems simple enough...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2005, 03:20:37 PM »
Straight outta UG, 3.5 and a 163 puts you squarely in the 30-50 range.  Expect waitlists/rejects from anything better, i.e. GW, Vanderbilt, BU. 
I don't know much about California, but you'd be a great candidate for solid regional schools in big cities. 
NY - Cordozo, Brooklyn
Philly - Temple, Villanova
DC - American, George Mason (particluarly with the Econ background)
Atlanta - UGA (not in the city, but a big feeder)
Miami - U Miami (with $$)
Chicago - Chicago-Kent (with $$)

You'll also be a viable candidate for a whole range of Big State Law Schools - Arizona,
Washington, Minnesota, Iowa, Florida, South Carolina, Illinois, Indiana, etc.

All of these schools place excellently in the cities in which they are located, and if you go gangbusters in LS (top 5%, Law Review), then you may have some opportunities nationally.

If this isn't what you want, retake the LSAT, and score a 168-170.  Then you'll have a great shot at UCLA, USC, and other 15-30 schools.  For T14, score 172+, and make up some BS about how you were sick the first time you took the test. 

revelareveritas

• Something strange is afoot at the Circle K...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2005, 03:58:48 PM »
Try California Western (San Diego).

- Jake

SCgrad

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2005, 07:00:11 AM »
California schools do set aside a good number of seats specifically for California residents.

Univ. San Diego would be a good choice for you.
California schools do set aside a good number of seats specifically for California residents.

That's not true, at least not at Boalt or UCLA.