Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: UC Davis Waitlist  (Read 14064 times)

Get2knowU

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: UC Davis Waitlist
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2004, 03:03:33 PM »
This is ridiculous.  I wish she would just put us out of our misery.  I want in!  Quit being such a hoe Sharon, and call my ass!

Munkeysgrrl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2004, 03:41:40 PM »
oh, sorry to leave u hanging there, I spent the last two days driving from Dallas back to LA so I had no internet access, obviously....

well, here's what happened, on Friday afternoon Sharon Pinkney called me and offered me admission, which I accepted....
However, after thinking about it for the past couple days, I called her back right now and told her I'd changed my mind, and relinquished my seat...I have my own reasons, which others may find crazy...As of this moment, I'll be attending Loyola, with no ill regrets...
Get2KnowU, I hope you get my seat!
Best...

Well congrats anyway, Tiyo.  Just out of curiosity, did Loyola offer you any $$?
Loyola LA Here I Come!!

neverends

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2004, 01:20:41 AM »
That's okay.  I guess I just have to keep waiting.  I really hope she sends me that email or calls me.  I feel so helpless, and I can't help but wonder all day if I will get the call.  I keep checking my email like every two seconds and I am being very unproductive at work.  This really is hell.

Posted on: Today at 08:35:06am
Posted by: tiyo

Well I think the waitlist is purgatory, I'm just wondering if LS in the heavan, or if it's the hell?

I havn't done a thing since it's gotten to waitlist crunch time.
it's coming...

Get2knowU

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2004, 10:02:52 AM »
I feel you neverends.  I'm hoping Sharon will email or call today.  Tiyo's 170 on the LSAT has discouraged me though.  If that's what you need to get into Davis, then I'll never get in.  Do you think Sharon gives preference to Californians who are on the waitlist?

tiyo

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2004, 12:58:03 PM »
^ keep in mind my 3.1 gpa...thats not too impressive...my selection index for davis was 7.0, so if your in the same ballpark, you'll probably be fine...
good luck, i hope u get that call dude!

tiyo

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2004, 01:02:43 PM »
ooh...and i'm actually a texas resident...so in my case...i don't know if that hurt me from getting in originally or not...who knows really?

Get2knowU

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2004, 01:14:27 PM »
yeh, new york resident here.  i wonder if they have to take a certain number of people from california or if cali folks get preference when they are pulling people from the WL.  Yeh, I really hope I get in too.  I haven't heard anything from her yet, and I didn't get that email yet.  I hope a lot of people turn her down like you did.  I guess that's my only chance since I'm obviously not this woman's first choice.  I wonder what specifically they are looking for and what the time frame is.  but i can't call because it said no to.  ugghhh!!!  very frustrating.  anyway, thank you for your support Tiyo.  how do you calculate your selection index.  is my 160, 3.55 comparable to your stats?

PoodleGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2004, 01:32:47 PM »
Get2KnowU-
Have you been on www.lawschoolnumbers.com

You can see the numbers of all the waitlisted candidates for UC Davis who registered.  Then you can have a better idea of how your numbers stack up.  If you have not been there before, then it will be lots of help.  It can also help you figure out your index number.

CK

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: July 15, 2004, 11:58:57 AM »
Has anyone heard anything this week?  I figured that maybe this Wednesday they sent out another batch of emails or something...

Get2knowU

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: July 15, 2004, 12:05:20 PM »
I haven't received any emails from them.  I was thinking that they might send the next batch of emails on Friday.  Tiyo got her email last Friday, so one week is probably the time they give for those people to make up their minds???

Has anyone gotten an email from Davis.

btw, sharon pinkney is a hoe unless she lets me in, in which case she will be the bomb.