Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: UC Davis Waitlist  (Read 14012 times)

Get2knowU

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: UC Davis Waitlist
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2004, 08:46:02 PM »
thanks tiyo!  so let me get this straight.  you have a 170 on your lsat and you got wait listed at Davis?  what's up with that?  also, what school are you currently planning on attending? where did you get in?

Munkeysgrrl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2004, 01:57:27 PM »
thanks tiyo!   so let me get this straight.  you have a 170 on your lsat and you got wait listed at Davis?  what's up with that? 

Well, you have to take the GPA into consideration.  It is not just about LSAT.  Davis' gpa stats are: 3.72/3.40  Their LSATs aren't that high though (163/158) so maybe they are trying to  boost that.  Who knows what these people want!   :-\
Loyola LA Here I Come!!

neverends

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2004, 04:58:25 AM »
3.5 162 and they didn't even think about it, just said no.
it's coming...

Get2knowU

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2004, 01:09:20 PM »
tiyo, what happened?  did they give you an offer of admission today since you sent your affirmative response to the email on Friday?  or have you not heard from them since the email?

tiyo

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2004, 02:02:25 PM »
oh, sorry to leave u hanging there, I spent the last two days driving from Dallas back to LA so I had no internet access, obviously....

well, here's what happened, on Friday afternoon Sharon Pinkney called me and offered me admission, which I accepted....
However, after thinking about it for the past couple days, I called her back right now and told her I'd changed my mind, and relinquished my seat...I have my own reasons, which others may find crazy...As of this moment, I'll be attending Loyola, with no ill regrets...
Get2KnowU, I hope you get my seat!
Best...

chicago

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.84 | 162
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2004, 02:19:35 PM »
so was sharon upset that you accepted and then changed your mind?

Get2knowU

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2004, 02:19:43 PM »
Tiyo, thanks for getting back to me!  I really appreciate it.  I was just wondering if it sounded like Ms. Pinkney was in the process of continuing to offer admission to other people to make up for people like you who turned her down?  When she called you on Friday afternoon, did you have to give her an answer right there on the phone, or did she give you a couple days to think about it?  Also, what did she say when you called and gave back your seat?  Did she sound disappointed?  I know you probably have no idea, but do you think she will send a new round of the email you got to other people that she is interested in taking off the WL.  I mean if she called everyone else on Friday afternoon and everyone had to give an immediate response, she should know how many seats she still has to fill.  Plus, she said that they were attempting to fill their class as soon as possible.  If you have a chance, write back and tell me what you think.  Thanks Tiyo!

tiyo

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2004, 02:35:06 PM »
chicago, I'm sure she wasn't thrilled...She sounded very cold and curt, but then again, thats exactly how she sounded when she offered me admission in the first place...She did say she appreciated that I told her as soon as possible...

Get2knowU, when she called me on Friday, I had to give her an answer right away....She called me at around 4:55pm, which is right before she leaves, so I'm guessing I'm one of the last people she called that day?  I didnt' get a general impression of how many more seats needed to be filled...I didn't ask her any of those questions...All I know is that there's one more seat to fill now...Sorry, that wasn't helpful at all....

Get2knowU

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2004, 02:41:21 PM »
That's okay.  I guess I just have to keep waiting.  I really hope she sends me that email or calls me.  I feel so helpless, and I can't help but wonder all day if I will get the call.  I keep checking my email like every two seconds and I am being very unproductive at work.  This really is hell.

CK

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2004, 02:49:15 PM »
Get2knowU, you sound exactly like I do! I am constantly checking my email and waiting!